Rescue Course just completed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padrogj

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Scubaboard!

Me and my two boys just completed the open water portion of our rescue course. It was the most physically demanding challenge I have encountered in the water thus far. We did all the required scenarios as well as all the pool exercises in the ocean. Heavy surge as well as 2-3 foot waves made it especially challenging. A dept of gratitude to our 2 instructors as well as all of you instructors out there teaching this great course!

Thanks,

A really tired diver

That's cool, you and the boys. I'm sure you are all safer and comfortable in the fact that you will be able to handle an emergency situation should it arise. Let's just hope you never have to use the skills learned in real world applications. Congratulations and get some rest!

I think a key benefit of the course is that a diver who's been through it is, in my estimation, less likely to need rescuing! Congratulations on a worthwhile accomplishment.

Richard.

Congratulations. Must've been interesting in those conditions.

Yes, thanks to all of you. Toughest part of this course was repeatedly swimming back out past the surf zone to alternate between being a rescuer and the occasional victim and gear handler.
This course definitely challenges ones' mental fortitude. I feel more confident in my skills but this course made me realize that there is so much more to learn and that you really never stop learning.

Thanks all!

I think that it is awesome that you did the course in "real life" conditions and not in a lake or quarry unless that is where you normally dive. The ocean is a completely different animal! Congrats!!

Congratulations on finishing rescue class. It is so rewarding, I constantly hear from students that while it the hardest, and most rewarding class that have taken

Agreed! We normally boat dive off of Catalina Island so we do have to contend with alot of surges and undercurrents. But to do rescue off the shore in 2-4 foot waves is very physically demanding. And it doesnt help that we have to don all of our gear a few hundred yards or so away from the short and walk down 50 or so steps doesnt help. No offense to those in quarrries or lakes but yes, it does make a big difference. Thanks again!

-Gary

Back
Top Bottom