Just got my SRP GoPro Tray from AquaPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishtn

Contributor
Reaction score
Very impressed with the quality. Can't wait to use it in Cayman in 2 weeks. Hopefully the extreme "shakiness" of my videos will be a thing of the past.

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2012 at 10:59 PM ----------

Sorry for somereason 3/4 of my post got deleted:

I ordered mine from AquaproHD and it included the tripod mount that was mentioned in other posts as lacking. So that was cool. After looking at this, I just can imagine the possibilities for using this. Cannot wait to actually take it snorkeling too and using as a base in the sand. Very very excited and ofcourse another perfect transaction with AquaProHD.

The question I have for people who own this or other trays: Is there an advantage of where you put the handles? Or is it 100% whats comfortable for your arms/hands? Is there a technical/performance difference I guess is what I'm asking?

Another question is when I used the GoPro handheld, I attached it to my BC with a retractable lanyard coil. Is that sill what most people are doing with the Hero plus tray? Really liked using it that way but not sure if the increased weight and size would accomodate that?

Last edited:
I've had mine a couple of months and it is fantastic. It does make a big difference steadying the GoPro since you hold it with both hands. I also like being able to use it like a tripod. If you find a good spot I recommend just setting it up and backing off for a while. The fish will come right up to it. I had a Bamboo Shark come right up and kiss the lens. Made for a very cool shot.

AquaPro HD is the best. I want to check out a pair of those strobe arms he has for my SRP Tray. :D

Jeff, I messed up my original post but edited it with the few questions. Can you please help me with those questions I added?

In regards to a lanyard, I use a heavier duty GearKeeper retractable lanyard. It has a ring that I connected to the hole on the end of the SRP tray. The GearKeeper has a sliding lock on it, which is nice so it's not tugging or retracting when you don't want it to -- just slide the lock. Also, a quick release clip allows me to hand off the camera tray. The light duty GearKeeper probably doesn't have enough retracting force to support the weight (and no sliding lock either).

Position of handles is merely preference or comfort. Experiment with it. For me, I keep both arms all the way out.

Hope this helps.

Robert

For a lanyard I use one similar to what rharraka posted, mine is off an old dive torch. Very handy if you need your hands free at some time so you can just let the tray hang. Below is the one I use but there are plenty of options that do the same thing, you want one that you can clip short like this so it doesn't hang too low if you let it go.

Oceanic%20Coiled%20Lanyard%20Yellow.jpg

With the handles its pretty much what feels most comfortable and I have mine max distance apart inside the channel, I use the channel for mounting multiple cams too at times. I also have them on top the same as the camera, have a play around and see what feels best and works best for you. The great thing about this tray is that you have so many options and can use it however you like.

Marty, thats very similar to what I have but the color yellow is a good addition. Mine is black and not as easily visible. I'm going to order a colorful one today.

Back
Top Bottom