First GoPro Video - San Pedro, BZ - SRP BlurFix - Intova - CY Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybob217

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey All. Been seeing some great video on hear from GoPro users and wanted to share mine.

My wife, myself, and good friend went to San Pedro Belize in April and created a video of our trip. Almost all of it is diving.

Here's my setup: GoPro HD Hero 2, Intova flex arm (short), Intova 220 lumens torch, SRP BlurFix and CY filter.

IMG_2051.JPG

Here's the low down on the video...

Diving on Ambergris with Ramon's Village in April 2012. Filmed with GoPro HD Hero 2 and Snake River Prototyping (SRP) BlurFix. Dive starting around 4:00 was after using CY filter. 720p 30 fps. For editing used Magix Movie Edit Pro to export 1280x720 30 fps to .AVI and then used Leawo Video Converter to convert .AVI file to .mp4 using HD for iPad.

In hindsight, I'll probably get a better tray, probably the SRP tray (I need to be a lot more steady when shooting), ditch the torch, and possibly even get the GoPro EOM dive housing and Backscatter flip cy filter. Or just keep the SRP setup like I have. It's not that big of a deal and I honestly don't really mind the slight red tint on the above water video before going under. And from what I've experienced the CY filter makes a big difference, at least in the shallower waters I usually dive.

Anyway, here's a Vimeo version below and here's a link to a Youtube version.

Comments welcome.

[video=vimeo;42514435]https://vimeo.com/42514435[/video]

I also came across this slick software that you can use to bookmark sections of your video while shooting. This would be great next trip also! The software is Called Highlight Hunter and basically you put your palm over your lens when something cool happens, then later in Post you can run this software and it finds these spots and pulls out 30 seconds of video in front of the book mark.

Last edited:
Nice video. I just got the Hero2 with the Backscatter Housing and Cyan Filter. So far I like what I see. I will be adding Light and Motion Sola 1200 Video lights with locline arms. Like you, am thinking of getting the SRP Tray, in fact, I was thinking of getting two and stacking them on top of each other, one for the GoPro, and and the other for my Canon for Macro Photography and back up video.

Ah, great idea to stack two and use one for stills and backup.

I chatted with Bill today at Snake River Prototying to discuss my idea of using two trays. he was kind enough to alert me that you can actually mount the Go Pro upside down on 'The Tray' while having my Canon mounted topside. How smart is that?! I told him I would submit my order today for the Tray. Better news yet, I stopped off at a High End Camera store on my way home from work today, and they had The Tray IN STOCK! $119 and no shipping costs! Whooo hoooo! now to get in the water tomorrow am to try this baby out.

How exciting. I actually had just noticed a picture AquaPro site with the setup your talking about and was going to suggest that (mounting the gopro upside down). That is an awesome idea. Have fun in the water!

Here are some more thoughts. I like the idea of mounting the GoPro upside down. However, a diving buddy actually has the set-up as I had talked about earlier of stacking two SRP trays, one for the Go Pro and the other for his higher end camera. Why? Because if you have the Go Pro mounted upside down, the you will not be able to set the tray down, either on the sand, reef, or table. Good point. Downside is that is is quite heavy with the two trays and hand sets. Then, I got the idea of getting an Ultralight Tray without arms to mount between the two SRP hand grips. Eureka!

Great video !!!!! I have the GoPro Dive Housing and can't wait to use it !!!

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/dive-housing/

I plan on making a custom rig but I'm not sure if any / or how much lighting I should use. Your video looked great ! Most GoPro videos that have lighting look washed out by the light to me ! Think I'm going to do a dive without any light to test it out ! Not to hijack the thread but please post / pm Suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom