Pt. Lobos 5/16/12 | Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not mine, but a buddy made a video of a recent dive he had at Pt. Lobos w/ deadbilly.
Check it out, it's a pretty sweet video.

[video=vimeo;42523421]http://vimeo.com/42523421[/video]

You know my reaction to this video has me looking at After Effects tutorials now. :) This video is really, really cool. Thanks for sharing it with us. BTW, I sent a link of this video to my daughter's high school Marine Biology instructor.

That is a great video. Thanks for sharing it.

Great video! I liked the captions, editing and the music. Fish ID isn't something you would normally see in a video like this and it really does add an exciting dimension to the experience. I'll be sharing this with all my non-diving friends and family to explain why we get up at 4:00 am to dive Pt. Lobos which is a 3 hour drive - one way for my buddy and I. And then we drag our tired carcasses back home in time to rinse our gear before the sun sets conpletely. This would be a niffty backdrop on orientation night for the open water classes and an intro to discover scuba too.

Makes you want to pack up the gear and go diving right now! BPERC and I were there on the 12th and the viz was about 1/2 what you see in this video. Very nicely done indeed.

Very nice video! Love that peaceful sound of breathing bubbles at the end, esp in contrast to the nightclub thumping that came before it.

Where in Lobos is that underpass shown at around 3:30?

I'm glad everyone else liked it as much as I did. I'll be sure to pass along this thread to him.

Cool vid, what editing software?
He was using Adobe After Effects CS3 & Adobe Premiere Pro CS3.

Where in Lobos is that underpass shown at around 3:30?
He said it was called Coal Chute Cove; opposite end of Whalers. I still haven't dove Lobos, but that's one of the places I'm asking him to take me if we ever do both make it out there.

Coal Chute Cove...that would have been my guess. I haven't made it there yet. Needs to be super calm. This Monday was super calm. A group of us tried but didn't quite find it. Next time. Now I know what it looks like. Great video!

It's the south end of Coal Chute. It's a straight shot across from the worm patch. I took a bearing on the point coming out from the cove and swam straight across and turned left when I hit the wall. If you follow the contour around, you'll hit these caves. Has to be very calm though, and it helps to have a higher tide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom