Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a guardian, but have also dived the supermask. The guardian is a great FFM, and the comms rock. I would recommend the guardian over the SCUBAPRO.

The KM Supermask is also awesome as a FFM, and having a regulator in a pod allows for gas switching. Also, the KM FFM has mechanical nose pinchers as opposed to the nose block in the OTS mask, which may be easier for some people to clear with. However, people on the comms are more difficult to understand on the Supermask, as you have a regulator mouthpiece in your mouth that you have to spit out to be able to talk. Not optimum.

The EXO-BR is way overkill for recreational or even public safety diving.

I very much love the peacefullness of diving. Why screw that up with a blabbermouth.

I very much love the peacefullness of diving. Why screw that up with a blabbermouth.

Some people love toys :D scuba is all about more toys.

For some people... Scuba isn't just pretty fish :wink:

-can't say, never tried one on.

We had these at our dive relay back in March and I think 7 or 8 people tried them and we had a few leaks which turned out to be people over tightening the masks. But other than no one had a leak once we loosened the mask a tad. I'm pretty sure there are a few of us who if we had the budget would be into getting these.

The reason I am using a full face mask is for the work that I will do underwater when I'm not going to be required to use a commercial dive helmet.

Under normal diving conditions I will more than likely just use my standard regulator set, which is an Scuba Pro MK17/A700 combo with C300 Octo.

Does that explain the usage and why I asked main question? :)

Last edited:
Anyone use the Ocean Reef FFM? Deciding between that and the OTS. The OTS is a little more pricy?

The OTS is what we use at our Water Rescue Squad. We use a wired umbilical for comms.

I haven't tried them out yet as I just got voted into the squad and just had my final spinal (corrective) surgery on 6/1/12, so I will be out of the loop till like end of June/early mid July.

However, judging from what I have read, been told and researched...the OTS is a better mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom