Spiegel Grove 10th Anniversary - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Yesterday the news crews and our local lead photo guys (Stephen Frink and Frazier Nivens) did a great piece on the SG. Arranged by Andy Newman. Thanks for that. Very nice piece and when I find the link I'll post it here.

So today was the un-official celebration. Lizzie McNamee from Ocean Divers planted the dive operators' flag to celebrate SG's 10th and honor those who served aboard.

Fun day - cloudy, smooth seas, low light, a whisper of current, 78 water temp 60-70 viz on SG, 40-ish on French (you can tell I'm being trained by Reefman to write this).

Lizzie is a great diver and teacher and Key Largo will miss her when she heads to BVI in a couple weeks for an awesome gig she has lined up.

Thanks Lizzie and congratulations on the BVI opportunity!

_DSC2159.jpg_DSC9092-Edit.jpg_DSC9114-Edit.jpg_DSC9140.jpg_DSC9148.jpg_DSC9158-Edit.jpg_DSC9184-Edit.jpg_DSC9206-Edit.jpg_DSC9238.jpg_DSC9250-Edit.jpg_DSC9262.jpg_DSC9339.jpg_DSC9352.jpg_DSC9391-Edit.jpg_DSC9461.jpg

Great shots Tim. Did the Grove once when it was still on it's side. Will have to give it another try. I always opt for the Duane.

Thanks FE. Duane is a great dive, I like it just as much as SG. SG is huge, needs to be done in several dives to see it all. Very different profiles for different parts of the ship.

We did it on its side and upright!!!!!!!!! Love that dive!!!!

Great pix as usual

Ditto:cheerleader:

I had just moved to Virginia when they moved the SG from the dead fleet to the docks for preparation. I went to the docks and tried to get on board, but I couldn't. I dived her when she was newly sank and on her side and I've dived her several times since. Great dive and it is so nice that I've seen her on the James River, on the Elizabeth River docks, and off the keys.

I had just moved to Virginia when they moved the SG from the dead fleet to the docks for preparation. I went to the docks and tried to get on board, but I couldn't. I dived her when she was newly sank and on her side and I've dived her several times since. Great dive and it is so nice that I've seen her on the James River, on the Elizabeth River docks, and off the keys.

Thank you DT and Scubagirlfl.

Dennis, I lived in VA Beach in the 1990's went up and saw the ghost fleet, but of course never thought I'd see one of those ships again.
I lived in Chick's Beach, where were you?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom