SeaYoda Returns - (Well, if all things go as planned)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It has been about a year and a half since my last dive - far too long. Life gets busy sometimes and the fun stuff gets put on the back burner. Time to change that! If I can find my dive gear (sold the house and moved since my last dive), and it all works, I will be able to call myself a diver again.

MikeS and I plan to do a Destin Jetty dive on Tuesday 5/22. I plan to be at water's edge at about 10 am. It would take a lot more time to get all the photo gear ready so I plan on just enjoying my dive or two. Everyone is invited to come and play. Look for the old yellow sand-yacht with SeaYoda written on the balloon tires. I'll post more if things change.

Reactions: D_B
Welcome back! I am working Tuesday or I would be game to go. I'm sure if you check out the new gulf coast dive society facebook page you can find a few people to go. May the force be with you :D

Whoa!!

Welcome back SeaYoda! Wish I could make the dive, alas, Tuesdays see me at work!

Looking forward to a report.

Same here, Yoda. Havent dove in a year. Gained too much weight, been sick, dive buddies all left town. Gonna try and be healthy before I get wet again.

I was wondering what happened to you, and I have missed your photos!

The mighty Yoda has surfaced! I was talking to someone today saying I have to get back out to the jetties soon...then I saw your post. You might just get me back in the water on Tuesday. Tides and weather look good at this point. Seeing your post reminded me of the BEST jetty dive ever....do these pictures bring back memories of that day??

Jetty Big Rocks.jpgglen jetty.jpgglen swimming.jpg

I think you, me, and Mike did a dive and a Whataburger debrief a few years ago didn't we?

I remember those pictures! Great viz on that day for sure.

Did we dive on the Whataburger day or was it one of those "that water is just too nasty looking to dive" days. I remember having my newly made photobook with me (who says my memory is going :) ).

Larry said as I was leaving the house today that he heard there is a high bacteria count in the east pass. I'm not going to let anybody poop on my parade!

---------- Post added May 18th, 2012 at 11:24 PM ----------

GFWB seems to bring out good viz days - here he is at Morrison on the best dive I've had there:
treewater.jpg

g2.jpg

You know I think you are right....we walked down to the water and decided we would dive in to something at Whataburger instead. No worries on the bacteria...if I am properly hydrated I will be adding to the bacteria levels anyways.

I forgot about the Morrison dive....that really was an incredible dive. Maybe we can luck out with the viz on Tuesday!

Back
Top Bottom