Leaving the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So here is my analysis of the problem in the thread that that apparently triggered the action. The OP of this thread was quoted by someone else in reference to advice to OW divers not to remove AL 40s left on a line because deco divers very much need them. There was no indication that the writer/speaker had any personal connection to those bottles. In itself, there was nothing wrong with either that post or the advice.

Then Rob made a reasoned statement as to why deco divers in OW should not use that practice. While well written and interesting, it was actually off topic. Whether divers should do what is being done is a topic worthy of its own thread, which is what I would Have done.

Although Rob's post was in no way aimed at the OP, it was taken as a personal attack on his diving practices.

So, it all started with a misunderstanding.

Would you base that somewhat loosely on the fact that he "quit" at 949 AM, and was still checking his posts at 913 PM?

Welcome back, Pete!

Actually yesterday I went to see several times when he last logged in to check.

When I see someone create a "Drama thread" like this saying "I'm leaving", most of the time it shows me that they just want attention. Instead of just leaving without creating drama.

when then still continue to 'come back to check for replies to their post", it just verifies they "want attention" and wanted to create drama.

I say "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out"

So, it all started with a misunderstanding.

As so many internet dustups do . . . Add misunderstanding to a sensitive nature and you have a recipe for umbrage.

After I cooled down, I'm back. My response to the issue that set me off is posted in the southwest sandsharks section. I agree with most of what is posted above-the information available on the board is awesome and most of the divers who post here are friendly.

PD

Welcome back. See, it's just like crack. You are always a crackhead, just in recovery. You have no left the recovery and came back to full blown crackhead just like the rest of us.

After I cooled down, I'm back. My response to the issue that set me off is posted in the southwest sandsharks section. I agree with most of what is posted above-the information available on the board is awesome and most of the divers who post here are friendly.

PD

Welcome back. Food for thought......when you next get heated like that, just leave the board to cool off without the farewell thread. As James said, this place is kind of addictive and most people, when given a chance, come back eventually.

Learn to use ScubaBoard's ignore feature, or the one built into your brain. They will improve your experience here.

I nominate this whole thread for deletion. Anyone second?

No way- these kind of threads should be kept for posterity. Let future generations share the ridicule.

PLEASE DON'T GO pdelannoy (...and welcome back)!!!

Open forums always have view-points that I do not endorse. I try my best not let that ruin things, which sadly can sometimes be what they're after. Averaging out most of the extreme comments usually helpes. Still, I can simpathize with your disappointment and concerns. Everyone needs a break once in a while. PLENTY OF BOOBS ON HERE; no doubt they will reveal themselves in due course!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom