Subic - US Memorial Day Weekend -2012 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DonCebu

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone going to be around Subic Bay for the US Memorial Day weekend (May 26, 27, 28) 2012 ?

Are there any ceremonial events at the ship wrecks ?

Any other events, BBQs or pool parties in memory of US memorial day weekend ?

If you will be there, let me know if you want to meet up for some drinks or go out to eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought there was a lot of divers based in Subic.

Even if you don't want to meet up with me.

Do you know if anything interesting is going on US Memorial Day weekend ?

:confused:

hmmmmmm

Maybe I am on everyone's ignore list.

---------- Post added May 17th, 2012 at 07:00 PM ----------

Ohhh I know why... the dates are
(May 26, 27, 28) 2012 ?

Not June.

Sorry for that.

Hi there Don,
I'd be interested to go to subic to dive that weekend too. However, just like what you said earlier, i'm also interested to find out if there is anything going on that weekend for the U.S. Memorial Holidays commemoration.
It will be dream come true if that submarine (currently docked) in Subic is still around at that time and they'd let divers check out the ship underwater. =)
Anyway, i'll be checking this thread every now and then to see if there is any plan.

Best,
Edzville

Hi there Don,
I'd be interested to go to subic to dive that weekend too. However, just like what you said earlier, i'm also interested to find out if there is anything going on that weekend for the U.S. Memorial Holidays commemoration.
It will be dream come true if that submarine (currently docked) in Subic is still around at that time and they'd let divers check out the ship underwater. =)
Anyway, i'll be checking this thread every now and then to see if there is any plan.

Best,
Edzville

Which submarine is there ?

I am not to familiar with Subic. But I figured US Memorial Day may be a good time to visit.

If a moderator is reading this... can you please change the dates in my original post to:
(May 26, 27, 28) 2012

I think it has been on the news a few days ago, it is the USS North Carolina (SSN-777), but it could only be there for a short period of time for reprovisioning/repairs/etc. You can google it using keywords like "U.S. submarine in subic, zambales".

That weekend sounds good for me because it's going to be a holiday in our office, might be a good time to dive in Subic again. =0

You can google it using keywords like "U.S. submarine in subic, zambales".

I found a lot of info on the sub, but I doubt they would let anyone on an armed and active ship unless you where high ranking Philippine military or had those kind of connections.

Also some reports say it will be only in Subic until May 19th. But as we already know, can't always trust what we read in the Pinoy Newspaper :)

The subs as reported will leave Subic on the 19th,but even if it didn't, there is no way that we can get near it, just taking pictures from afar would be a violation of sort already. If and when you guys finally decide to come over, I would be more than glad to dive with you.

there is no way that we can get near it, just taking pictures from afar would be a violation of sort already. .

Right. Did they make any restrictions on diving in the area ?

NO restriction whatsoever as far as diving, exception though are 2 wrecks that has been suspended by seaport. They are the Seian Maru, and Oryuko Maru.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom