Looking for the right Cozumel resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish-r-man, I am staying at SCC in that time window. Please PM me if you plan to stay there too.

Blue Angel is not close to town. Not really a walk, so you need a car/taxi, or some form of transport. If you are staying any farther south than, say, Scuba Club Coz, you need transport to head into town, so it does not really matter which "southern" resort you stay with on this point. I will say that Matt is, indeed, and excellent instructor.

Blue Angel is not close to town. Not really a walk, so you need a car/taxi, or some form of transport. If you are staying any farther south than, say, Scuba Club Coz, you need transport to head into town, so it does not really matter which "southern" resort you stay with on this point. I will say that Matt is, indeed, and excellent instructor.

Respectfully, whether or not Blue Angel is a walk into town is a matter of personal choice. Long before Matthew (not to be confused with Mateo - although they're both often referred to here on SB as "Matt") and I worked there, we were clients and often stayed at Baldwin's Guest House which is way back in town by the CMC hospital. We walked to BA every day for many, many weeks. :) To each his own, right?

kari

Respectfully, whether or not Blue Angel is a walk into town is a matter of personal choice. Long before Matthew (not to be confused with Mateo - although they're both often referred to here on SB as "Matt") and I worked there, we were clients and often stayed at Baldwin's Guest House which is way back in town by the CMC hospital. We walked to BA every day for many, many weeks. :) To each his own, right?

kari

Sure. I hear you. I used to ride my bicycle down that way every day. Fine ride, and an Ok walk, unless you have done 2 or 3 tanks, then have a couple of apres drinks, and then try to walk into town, have dinner and drinks, then walk back. You can always cab back, but still...Its not like Scuba Club Coz, and I do not think that many people walk into town and back more than once or twice, and most people staying there will never walk it. Just don't want people to have the wrong idea.

Just don't want people to have the wrong idea.

This is my goal as well... and I suspect that more people walk from BA into town and back day after day than you realize. Next time you're at SCC, head over to BA and ask around. :)

kari

Kari is correct. I always stay at BA and I walk into town and back every night for dinner. It's a 15-20 minute walk to El Centro. I understand that this may be too far for some depending on overall fitness and climate, but it works for me just fine......

I want to thank everyone for their valuable input on this. Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I am currently fishing in the Bering Sea and we had our satellite system go down so no phone or internet until we went to Dutch Harbor a few days ago. While we were in the "dark" my wife booked us into the Palace again. We own in their system so it's easy to set up reservations for her. While we are there we are going to scope out the other resorts just to get an idea of what is available. Diving with Jeremy from Living Underwater. He's always been great to us......

You can't go wrong with the Palace unless you have to have a sand beach.....and diving with LU, you know you will have a great time! Enjoy, as hard as you fishing guys work, you deserve a great vacation lol! Enjoy!

Yah....this is kinda a bummer....just booked for 2 weeks in Nov/Dec 2012 and specifically asked about the "dive day" lunch and 1 dinner per week stay it was a no-go...period! Even asked if I could "pre-pay" lunch's for a discounted rate....and again NaDa!

According to Matthew and Eva both, it all depends on when you booked your trip. If you booked it early enough, as it appears you did, then you still get the lunches. If you booked it after a certain date, the lunches are no longer included.

I booked mine on March 17th of this year, and lunches were not included. I'm not sure of the cutoff date, but it was evidently before I booked.

Yah....this is kinda a bummer....just booked for 2 weeks in Nov/Dec 2012 and specifically asked about the "dive day" lunch and 1 dinner per week stay it was a no-go...period! Even asked if I could "pre-pay" lunch's for a discounted rate....and again NaDa!
So, it's not enough that you have a great room mere steps from the water with a fantastic view, an economical and safety conscious dive op on site with very competent and friendly DM's, a great location far enough from town to escape the day trippers but close enough for a cheap cab ride or a nice walk, a very nice shore dive right there with free tanks and weights from the dive shop, a swimming pool and hammocks to lay around in, and a great staff who will go the extra mile to make your stay as pleasurable as they possibly can? You have to get free meals or it's a bummer?

I walked to town almost every evening from the BA, then cab/taxi back as I just didn't feel like it or had quite a bit of groceries.
Oh and Gordon you forgot to mention about the free use of kayaks, and Eva's or one of the dive shop guys bike to use.
Still get the breakfast included.
Edit: I just wanted to add that when I booked it for May this year lunches and the one dinner was included, but had to cancel due to a family emergency. When I went to book again for this coming October for 10 days, no lunch or dinner included in the package.

Back
Top Bottom