SRP GoPro BlurFix & Tray Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK- so where can i buy this package? looked at videos online and one must by a blur fix solution of some kind for this camera to work correctly underwater.

There are a few dealers mainly on the west coast, but I would buy it directly from SRP:

About Our Products

SRP stands for Snake River Prototypes based out of Idaho Falls, Idaho. (i'm from there)

AquaproHD on here is a dealer who has been nothing but awesome for my purchases. I'm about to order the tray actually for my next trip. I love my blurfix but I'm hoping the tray helps my technique.

AquaproHD on here is a dealer who has been nothing but awesome for my purchases. I'm about to order the tray actually for my next trip. I love my blurfix but I'm hoping the tray helps my technique.

How do you carry your GoPro underwater right now? Wrist mount, head mount, etc? The added weight of the tray absolutely makes a difference steadying the shot.

Why can you not use the wrist mount? The LCD housing comes with 2 backings specifically for the wrist mount.

GoPro LCD BacPac

The wrist mount works fine, but it's not as versatile as a hand-held camera, IMO. Also, because the camera weighs next to nothing, every bit of movement of your arm transfers to the camera as you dive.

I agree about the tray. I was replying to a previous posters comment that "the problem with the LCD Backpack is that you can't use it with the wrist mount"

I don't have a wrist mount but my LCD backpack came with 4 back doors, an open and closed regular one and an open and closed wrist housing one.

Maybe the earliest release LCD's didn't come with the extra 2.

I haven't heard of too many people having much success with the wrist mounting as its apparently an awkward angle and still not that stable. Its good in theory and if it worked better would be a great option as its just there when you need it.

A tray setup is easily the best method to get good stable hand held shots underwater and from my use with the SRP tray Ive had much improved stability. I still need a bit of practice to improve my skills underwater mostly in strong currents or surge which no matter what your going to have issues but compared to any other method Ive used the footage is much smoother.

This video was filmed on one of the calmest days recently, a 1m surge is considered pretty calm where I dive lol. It was shot testing out some lights and is pretty shallow so I tried the swcy and lights combination to see how it goes. I filmed with a clear lens and swcy side by side, but all this footage except for the jump into the water was with filter and colour correcting in post to see how it can turn out.

[video=youtube;r0Wp5jgmfgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Wp5jgmfgI&list=UU95p30Zv_7lZvkUwn1MuyoQ& feature=plcp[/video]

I think it turned out pretty smooth, not any static shots really as everything I'm filming keeps on moving so I have to as well. The tray with lights works great though as it does just with a camera on its own.

Has anyone 'tiered' the trays, and if so, how did that work out? I have a Canon SD370 that I still like very much, especially for macro photography. Was thinking if I tiered two trays, I could have both camera's with me while I dove, especially for those super macro shots.

TIA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom