Big Island, small boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevitt

Registered
Reaction score
Los Angeles (with my heart still in Jersey)
# of dives
100 - 199
Aloha. This forum was enormously helpful for a trip to Kauai last year, so I thought I'd double down.

Four of us are going to be in Kona for a few days in June, and looking to see whether any of the dive shops use smaller boats. It's not that we need extra attention from DMs (we're not anywhere near as experienced as many Scubaboard regulars, but have each logged ~100 dives) ... it's just that we've found the experience more enjoyable for us when the boats have 6ish people than when they've got 12-18 or more.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Big Island Divers runs a six-pack. Nice operation.

There are other Kona six-packs, I just don't know them off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Big Island's smallest boat isn't a 6 pack, it can and does carry more. That said, it doesn't always run full and probably falls short of their full rating on a reasonable frequency. I do run a genuine 6 pack, which also doesn't always run full... think I've had 6 divers to one guide on 4 charters this year. There are about 5-6 six pack dive boats going out with reasonable frequency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom