Sherwood SR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofl0926

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey what's up everyone. I came across a good deal for this reg. Any thoughts on these? Good or bad? Worth it? Looking for some insight. Thanks guys

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

make sure it still bubbles if you are buying used sherwood regs.

Lol its a new reg :)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Sam, the SR-1 is the only recent Sherwood that does not bubble.. olf, most Sherwood’s do actually bubbly when they are working correctly, it's part of their "dry bleed system" that keeps the spring area of the reg dry. It works quite well once you get over the reg bubbling all the time.....

As for the SR-1...it does not have a good reputation (unlike all other Sherwoods). It has been plagued with problems since the beginning and IMO is grossly over engineered. The thing is full of custom, one of a kind parts that stand a good chance of being discontinued before too long. Sherwoods have long been considered workhorse regs, no fancy but rock solid dependable regs, a reputation they rightfully deserved...the SR-1 is the first and hopefully the last Sherwood to not follow that great tradition..it's the one Sherwood I would pass on, even for a great deal.

Looks good, I have a used Sherwood reg with octo and a BCD for sale for $50.

ok point taken on this reg.
how about the oceanic EOS. i just called scubatoys and they recommended me this reg for the money. its a great reg from what they said and breaths amazingly

Search the Sherwood Manufacturers forums.

ok point taken on this reg.
how about the oceanic EOS. i just called scubatoys and they recommended me this reg for the money. its a great reg from what they said and breaths amazingly

The EOS is actually a good reg. I would prefer it to the SR-1. Possible issues: like any very small second stage, bubble interference could be a problem if you are sensitive to them. I am, but many people are not. Because of the swivel, the hose is proprietary. But, for the average recreational diver, hoses last a long time. The DVT, which Oceanic uses across most of its first stage line has mixed reviews, but can easily be removed if it a problem.

Back
Top Bottom