poseidon regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i thought that only the latest poseidon's had an OP valve in the 1st stage

what it looks like on my jetstream, the overpressure valve is on the LP hose for the 2nd stage and not located physically on the 1st stage

Afaik you can't mix an upstream and downstream reg and expect it to work correctly. Other than that, you seem to know more about it than I do so I'll leave it to someone else to answer. Although I believe Seraphimx already answered your question...

Aren't you selling it anyway?

Afaik you can't mix an upstream and downstream reg and expect it to work correctly. Other than that, you seem to know more about it than I do so I'll leave it to someone else to answer. Although I believe Seraphimx already answered your question...

Aren't you selling it anyway?

Thanks for all your help so far! I have it listed no one has offered the asking amount, so if i cant sell it for exactly the same amount i paid, i would obviously keep it and maintain it, or if i found that it was more inter-compatible with the stuff i already own which lets me choose and select the equipment that i feel most comfortable with, i would feel better about the high maintenance costs

BTW -> By looking at the SPG pictures i posted, can you tell if I can drop in a standard high pressure hose? Right now it is using that fancy Kevlarish material Poseidon thin HP hose, but I don't want to spring for that part too :depressed:

EDIT -> Went to the source, but it looks like Poseidon USA only has one tech available by phone.. who happened be out today...

The only hose on the Poseidon regulator that is different than a standard hose is the second stage hose. The connector is also the over pressure relief valve on some models. If the first stage does not have an over pressure relief valve built in, it would not be a good idea to put a second stage from another manufacturer on it.

From the way that reg looks you should have the whole thing rebuilt and fit with new hoses.

That being said, I use a Poseidon first stage with a Kirby Morgan second stage. It works fine because the Poseidon first stage can be adjusted to the intermeadiate working pressure of the KM second stage. That will not work the other way around because the Poseidon second stages require a different intermeadate pressure than most American made regulators.

Poseidons are supposed to be the best breathing regulators available. Why trade that in for some harder to suck through cheaper regulator just because you can't find a service shop online?

I'm sorry for any misinformation. I clearly stated "i think" & "i'm not sure".

What I wanted to state more clearly is...Why spend more money than just getting them repaired.
1) You'll probably won't find cheaper regs than at what you bought them, if you do they'll probably be lower quality.
2) You'll probably need to repair the other regs anyway.
3) If hoses are expensive, try to find an online store that sells them for less.
4) Paypal will take a cut of your sale (making it 70$ sale)
5) For the price your got those regs. Spending 150$-200$ to get them serviced like new is nothing.
6) They will rival "high-end" regs that costs 1000$...for 250$

... I seriously want to buy your regs... (looks at his pile of regs...looks at his pockets :depressed:)

The only hose on the Poseidon regulator that is different than a standard hose is the second stage hose. The connector is also the over pressure relief valve on some models. If the first stage does not have an over pressure relief valve built in, it would not be a good idea to put a second stage from another manufacturer on it.

From the way that reg looks you should have the whole thing rebuilt and fit with new hoses.

That being said, I use a Poseidon first stage with a Kirby Morgan second stage. It works fine because the Poseidon first stage can be adjusted to the intermeadiate working pressure of the KM second stage. That will not work the other way around because the Poseidon second stages require a different intermeadate pressure than most American made regulators.

Poseidons are supposed to be the best breathing regulators available. Why trade that in for some harder to suck through cheaper regulator just because you can't find a service shop online?

Some Poseidon's have over pressure valves built into one of the ports of the 1st stage. This was the 1st stage that Joel used to sell with the Kerby Morgan Superflow 2nd stages as the Abyss Explorer regulators. After all, the Superflow 2nd stage is a re-tuned/modified Aqualung SE2. second.

i suppose i will keep diving my MK2 for now... and save enough money to send both sets off after this summer for their servicing to scuba toys or something similar... seems like the only reasonable Poseidon repair people

i suppose i will keep diving my MK2 for now... and save enough money to send both sets off after this summer for their servicing to scuba toys or something similar... seems like the only reasonable Poseidon repair people
Try: Professional Scuba Repair: home page

I'll second Scuba Toys. Tom (the reg tech) is a Poseidon diver, and knows them inside and out. And yes, $49 plus parts applies to Poseidon as well, and they generally hold up quite well, and don't need too many parts. If yours are beat, the first time in may cost more, but take care of them, and they will serve you damn near forever! My first Cyklon was bought in 1978 and is still going strong . . . Nothing more than O rings, and one diaphragm replacement (to get the silicone diaphragm, which lasts forever) in 30+ years.

And yes, use them for rec diving - why dive crap just because you are a recreational diver?

- Tim

I still have rebuild parts for the Triton. It is to my knowledge the only flop Poseidon has ever designed. Still, divers did like it.

Dale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom