IKEA dive pack - poor man's dive caddy. ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love a simple yet versatile solution. This is such a great idea. So glad I came across this thread tonight.

To the poster talking about the duffel bag solution. Instead of duct tape to reinforce the holes, just get a grommet it for a few bucks from Home Depot.

One day when I was out with my family I had planned to go to a dive shop to get a dive bag. Before that we went to Ikea and while checking out I saw one of those blue bags for only 59 cents and I was like well it would work for now. I find it funny that I'm not the only one who thought of this. Haha

You may want a duffel with some kind of plastic bottom, otherwise you'll get sag and lots of weight will put stress at the bolt holes. Since my plate doesn't have bolt holes (Freedom Plate), I like the idea of cutting slots in the duffel for the tank straps to pass through. Another thought is to sew belt loops into the duffel for the tank straps.

Great idea!

hate to resurrect an ancient thread but you still have pictures of this? the links are dead. interesting idea!

Thanks! Still don't fully understand how it's constructed. Basically just split the seams on the corners so it opens up flat and then fold it together?

seems so...

but i would just get the big ones.. and punch a few hole on the open top.. then run a rope through it.
anyway.. i wont check it in :) its just for a day travel i guess...

Back
Top Bottom