Eleuthera Rental Equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karenmm

New
Reaction score
Hi all - great forum!

We are flying into Rock Sound, Eleuthera next week for a week long bareboat charter. We would like to dive directly off the boat - so I've been searching the internet for info about renting equipment. I've not really found a clear answer.

Ideally, it would be great to load the equipment at the dock in Rock Sound and have it with us all week, getting fills as we find them. We'll need BC, tanks and weights - 3 people on the boat will dive.

Any ideas?

Thanks! I shot them off an email asking for details. I had seen their website earlier, but it looked like they only did resort packages on their dive boats. I'll post back with details when I get them.

Forgive me Steve, and i may be wrong. Valentines to the north and I think it was Browns to the south (I think valentines may also be in cotton bay, just south of rock sound, wasn't very credible last i was there unfortunately). Rock sound has nothing. But this was a year ago..... (and for clarification....NOTHING! {sorry for shouting})
Cape Eleuthera is Powell Point (Always was), maybe an hour steady drive south and slightly west of Rock sound. Karen, if you get to dive the southern west tip then you're in for a treat. It is one of my favorite places. Try to see the cobia nets! (Island school).
If i had my choice...and a bare boat....i'd take it to Cape Eleuthera marina and load up. With tanks and knowledge. they have good diving and good intel.
Good luck.

Forgive me Steve, and i may be wrong. Valentines to the north and I think it was Browns to the south (I think valentines may also be in cotton bay, just south of rock sound, wasn't very credible last i was there unfortunately). Rock sound has nothing. But this was a year ago..... (and for clarification....NOTHING! {sorry for shouting})
Cape Eleuthera is Powell Point (Always was), maybe an hour steady drive south and slightly west of Rock sound. Karen, if you get to dive the southern west tip then you're in for a treat. It is one of my favorite places. Try to see the cobia nets! (Island school).
If i had my choice...and a bare boat....i'd take it to Cape Eleuthera marina and load up. With tanks and knowledge. they have good diving and good intel.
Good luck.
I saw an old link to Valentine's but they seemed to be boat based. The only dive operation listed on the BDA site was Cape Eleuthera. Not saying there aren't others but they don't make themselves easy to find.

You'd know more about the location than I would - I got that from their website:
Powell Pointe at Cape Eleuthera Resort & Yacht Club, P.O. Box EL-26089, Rock Sound, Eleuthera, Bahamas

Last edited:
OK, this is good info - yeah I was really starting to get the feeling that there isn't an option to load up in Rock Sound. Several of the websites I've been seeing for South Eleuthera Divers and Dive Fox in Rock Sound must be years old and out of date!!! Sounds like your suggestion for heading over to the Cape Eleuthera marina is probably the easiest solution. Thanks!

Diving and Fishing - Ocean Fox Cotton Bay in The Bahamas

Sorry, not Browns. These guy's. They did have a shop way south near Waterford too. But, as i say, my info's dated at best.
(Looks like you already found them tho.)
Hope you have fun.

I think the Rock sound address is possibly the PO Box location.

I dove with Al at Ocean Fox in Davis Harbour. Was a great time....but I don't believe they rent if it is not a charter. I also think Al may be off the island for a short time but the DM should be there. Give them a call. By the way, Eleuthera has it's own pace, sometimes even e-mails are lost..:idk: Great place to relax...

overthewalldiving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom