What dive software do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you just want a post-dive record of divelogging info (time, pressure, temperature), perhaps you should consider a standalone divelogging unit, such as the Sensus Ultra. ReefNet provides free barebones logging software for the Windows and Mac OSes.

I purchased a Sensus Ultra several years ago. It's small, unobtrusive, virtually maintenance-free (quick freshwater rinse post-dive), and works great. If I ever switch over to another brand of dive computer, I won't feel compelled to purchase another pricey download cable. It's ridiculous how much some manufacturers charge for their cables (approx. $100?).

FWIW, MacDive can download profiles directly from the Sensus Ultra.

Bubbletrubble: how long does the batery lasts on the sensus Ultra, i know it depends on # of dives, ballpark figure????

Bubbletrubble: how long does the batery lasts on the sensus Ultra, i know it depends on # of dives, ballpark figure????
@Suarez: I have no idea. I've had mine for several years now (6-7?), putting 20 - 50 dives per year on it. It's still going strong. When the battery eventually dies, I'll have to send it back to the manufacturer (Reefnet.ca) in order to get it replaced. Honestly, I don't think about it at all. It just keeps on ticking. I love the fact that it's so low maintenance.

I recommend asking the manufacturer for an approximate lifespan of the battery in the Sensus Ultra. The product webpage states that the unit has a permanent lithium cell that works for "up to 10 years." Hope this helps...

@Suarez: I have no idea. I've had mine for several years now (6-7?), putting 20 - 50 dives per year on it. It's still going strong. When the battery eventually dies, I'll have to send it back to the manufacturer (Reefnet.ca) in order to get it replaced. Honestly, I don't think about it at all. It just keeps on ticking. I love the fact that it's so low maintenance.

I recommend asking the manufacturer for an approximate lifespan of the battery in the Sensus Ultra. The product webpage states that the unit has a permanent lithium cell that works for "up to 10 years." Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Hi,

I have used Mac Dive for my computer. Modern dive computers are battery-powered computers within a watertight case. The computers track the dive profile by measuring time and pressure. More advanced dive computers also include additional information into the calculations and many more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom