Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Comal River, Sunday April 15th, 2012

Dove above the Tube Chute at Hinman Island.
Time In: 9:09am
Air: Cloudy 76 degrees F
59 minute dive, max depth 14', avg depth 8'
Water: 73 degrees F, visibility 8'

Current moving at a good clip nice and relaxing drift dive, not a lot of tubers/treasure yet.

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2012 at 03:39 PM ----------

Canyon Lake, Thursday April 19th, 2012

Dove off Boat Ramp 1/Holiday Lodge.
Time In: 11:56am
Air: Sunny and Clear 80 degrees F
53 minute dive, max depth 64', avg depth 36'
Water: 66 degrees F down to 50', visibility 8' dropped to 4' below 50'. Temp at 64' was 57 degrees.

Broke out the Drysuit to get the dust off and some more underwater time in it, worked well and great day for diving.

April 28th
Mammoth Lake, Clute, TX

Water 73 degrees
Visibility 2-4 feet

Dove the C-130 and almost ran into it due to poor visibility. No thermocline.
Came back by way of the shuttle mock-up, but again could not see much.

April 29th

288 Lake, Houston, TX
Visibility 5-25 ft

Surface temp 73 degress, 64 degrees at 20 feet, still pretty good thermocline.

Very good visibility out by cabin cruiser, worse closer in towards platforms.

Followed cave line to farside dock. Lots of baby perch and bluegill. Bass by the cabin cruiser.

7-May-2012
Two fun dives with Lake Travis Scuba, both at Starnes Island.

Visibility was pretty good below the thermocline, 6-10' which was a nice surprise. Above it, maybe from the rain, it was a little more silty than normal but not terrible by any means (for the lake) at 3-5' or so. We did a two dives searching for treasure, and were rewarded for our efforts with two gold rings, one black iphone 4s, one white iphone 4s, 12pr sunglasses, countless mardi gras beads, and a few unopened beverages...

Temp at max depth of 51' = 69 and temps at 15' = 77

6 May 2012: Canyon Lake boat ramp (southern one)

Not too bad actually. Vis was about 8'-10' above 35' then down to about 3-4' below that.
Temp was 74 from the surface to thermocline at about 30'. Dropped to 67 down to 50'.

CSSP 5/13/2012

Thermocline: 20 feet
Temp above the thermocline: 70s
Temps below the thermocline: 64F@31ft, 64F@34ft, and 60F@39ft
Surface: Perfect

Windy Point 5/17

First time ever to Windy Point. Due to water level had to use entry point #3 which means a `nice` climb back up at the end of the dive. ( I really need to hit the gym. )

Surface water temp was 75f. Thermocline was around 40'. Max depth for us was 47' and temp was 68f.

I'd say vis was about 6'. Weather up topside after the diving was just awesome. Central Texas in the springtime in the evening is priceless.

I had never dove Lake Travis before and it's been many years since my quarry diving days. The result was some buddy seperation issues at first while trying to follow a chain down to a platform. We worked it out though and it improved.

Mammoth Lake, Clute Texas 19MAY2012

Surface temp: 83f
Never felt a thermocline
Temp at 35' was 80f
Visibility was the best it has been all year, and remarkable how much it improved since last week. Will attach a picture I took of the platform near C130 as a visibility gauge. I feel vis was 12' to 18' dependent upon location. Platform's are approximately 16' by 16' across, a little more diagonal.

_KEN5377-1.jpg

Athens Scuba Park, Athens TX, 5/19/2012

Air Temp - 89F

Surface Temp - 81F
Temp at Depth - 78F at 21 feet
Visibility - Approx 10-15 feet on first dive around noon. For the second dive viz deteriorated to approx 5 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom