Looking for a good dive in NC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hypertek99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi my friends and I want to plan a weekend dive trip to NC for a wreck dive. We will be driving from Virginia Tech area. Any suggestions on some good wreck diving??

If you could provide a bit more detail about your experience and training/certs, I'm sure that many of us will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Not all dives/ops here are appropriate for every diver. Most require AOW at a minimum or some evidence of deeper dives in the ocean. Most recreational divers also like to have nitrox as an option as well due to the depth of most of the dive sites here.

Hi my friends and I want to plan a weekend dive trip to NC for a wreck dive. We will be driving from Virginia Tech area. Any suggestions on some good wreck diving??

I can highly recommend Discovery Diving and Tortuga Charters out of Beaufort. I've had some good experiences with Olympus as well in Morehead. There are a couple other dive/ops in the area that I've heard good things about like Atlantis and Diver Down on the Altantic Beach Causeway. You really can't go wrong and the diving is unsurpassed. Most can work in different skill levels but this isn't typical resort rec diving.

Discovery Diving in Beaufort, NC. Lodge next to shop. If you are new to NC wreck diving visit something close and shallow like the Indra. Then head out to the Spar, Aeolus, U-352, or Schurz. Have fun and stay safe.

Any dive is a good dive down NC way. Only storms and bad weather can ruin things. I like Olympus. I especially like their rigging under the boat. Decents and ascents are easy and SS are right enjoyable. Their roll call procedure makes one feel secure that the boat will be there when you come up. Great people, some have years of experience diving the area. They also have lodging for cheap right near the store/dock. Dive safe and enjoy.

Hi there! Everyone who has responded have given you some good solid advice! If you have questions about what we can provide, we'll be happy to assist you! You can gain a ton of knowledge from our website and even more by giving us a call at 252-726-9432!

The dive season is shaping up really great and we are excited to see everyone coming out diving with us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom