Is www.maldivesdivetravel.com safe and reliable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I am a little lost by the responses. Not sure why the censor blocked the website name, but this website is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . com
I have found some comments about one of the boats they have the MV Orion. What do you think about it? We want to book a scuba diving vacation in Maldives for early October. I have found some people saying they prefer a resort others a liveaboard. For those of you who have been in Maldives, what has been your experience: resort or liveaboard? Also, have you ever traveled with this company and the MV Orion?

thanks much

Mod Note: >>Name of business entity removed by NetDoc<<

I think the general question of liveaboard vs. resort might best be asked in the general travel section - i imagine there are one or two threads there discussing the topic already (haven't looked). PERSONALLY, I prefer liveaboards, but then I get "Iron(wo)man" awards on the last night for doing all the dives offered.. so if there are four dives/day, and a night dive, I generally get in 5 dives/day. And a liveaboard setup makes that easy for me. A lot of land-based operations will have a lesser number of dives offered/available, or if they are available, it will still be more difficult to work them in. BUT - if you aren't wanting to fit in that many dives, and enjoying lounging by a pool in the afternoons... a land-based resort may be more to your liking. Lots of other things to take into consideration - how important are "luxurious" accommodations (they will typically be smaller and more spartan on the boat for the same price point)? Do you get seasick? Do other people get on your nerves easily? ETC ETC ETC

RE the specific dive op in question... I am not even sure to which dive op you are referring specifically but in general the power of google is an amazing thing. It can help you find out things about operators such as feedback from customers, information on their general safety reputation/practices, including whether they have been involved in any accidents or not, and all-around information about how they run their business. I highly encourage you to research the operations in which you are interested, especially those operating in the specific area about which you are inquiring.

In general terms- for a vacation with diving, go to a resort.
For the best diving the Maldivers has to offer, go on a liveaboard and then consider a resort for the last couple of days.

If it spams, spreads malicious malware or sues, it will be auto-censored.
Does this count for SB members as well?

Ok, I am a little lost by the responses. Not sure why the censor blocked the website name, but this website is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . com
I have found some comments about one of the boats they have the MV Orion. What do you think about it? We want to book a scuba diving vacation in Maldives for early October. I have found some people saying they prefer a resort others a liveaboard. For those of you who have been in Maldives, what has been your experience: resort or liveaboard? Also, have you ever traveled with this company and the MV Orion?

thanks much

Mod Note: >>Name of business entity removed by NetDoc<<

Just for clarity the site is only one of many booking agents we use.

Please feel free to email info@mvorion.com or visit Maldives Scuba Diving Aboard MV Orion Luxury Liveaboard in the Maldives for any information concerning the boat.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

As are all the boats on that site...only marketed. By the way you know it comes up as random advertising on here all the time?
Probably not for long. :D I bear no one in the Maldives a grudge, but I won't expose myself to injury from the same person twice. There's just no sense in it.

Nice to see some fun smileys returning.

Is there any Canadian Popcorn in the future?

Given that the Maldives are composed of 26 atolls and 1192 islands, I would highly recommend that you do a liveaboard in order to see and appreciate the diversity of the diving available there. Otherwise you will see only a small snapshot.

I had a great experience with the Explorer Ventures boat there, The Carpe Vita. It is a beautiful boat. My cabin had parquet floors, a bathroom as big as the smallest one in my house, and a double bed/twin in my cabin. I liked the way they ran their dive operation as well.

Given some of the political unrest there this year, I would probably not consider a land based vacation there unless it was in a resort on one of the remote islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom