AVID BC Failure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was an issue I read about and dismissed prior to purchase. Oops. Fell off on first boat dive, between dives. Took a while to get it all back together. The whole fit thing is a little confusing. Didnt get the pull dump working for another 8 dives.
I do like the bc (although a little bulky in the gear bag) I suggest at purchase take the pull dump valve apart so you know how it goes back. Then put it together tightly and put some black tape around it.

I'm not a DIR fanatic, but I subscribe to the idea of NOT pulling on your BC hose to vent gas. Think/rationalize what can go wrong if it pulls loose or breaks. Plain old elbow for me.

I'm not a DIR fanatic, but I subscribe to the idea of NOT pulling on your BC hose to vent gas. Think/rationalize what can go wrong if it pulls loose or breaks. Plain old elbow for me.
That is actually why I went 8 dives before fixing my pull dump. Didn't realize that it didn't work. The failure part is the assembly coming off and bc not holding air at all. When we put it all back together it didn't pull dump and I never knew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom