What dive software do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. I downloaded Jdivelog and MacDive but unfortunately couldn't get the JDivelog to recognize my computer easily so I gave up for now. MacDive looks like a good option, for now. Eventually I'll want something OS agnostic, but Macdive certainly has a lot of features I like at this point.

If you just want a post-dive record of divelogging info (time, pressure, temperature), perhaps you should consider a standalone divelogging unit, such as the Sensus Ultra. ReefNet provides free barebones logging software for the Windows and Mac OSes.

I purchased a Sensus Ultra several years ago. It's small, unobtrusive, virtually maintenance-free (quick freshwater rinse post-dive), and works great. If I ever switch over to another brand of dive computer, I won't feel compelled to purchase another pricey download cable. It's ridiculous how much some manufacturers charge for their cables (approx. $100?).

FWIW, MacDive can download profiles directly from the Sensus Ultra.

I use Diving Log (Diving Log 5.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen) here are the "why"s:
- it interfaces with most vendor specific software, that is you can import from most of the other vendor computer software out there. In my case, I have a watch (Citizen) and a Mares Icon computer, and I can import both of them into the software.
- it can be used in the PC and mobile (iPod/iPad, android, windows mobile) as well. So you can get your experience written after the dive and then from your computer software populate the dive data.
- you are able to have several backups (which is normally my problem). It has several on line dive logs you can upload to (or download from :)), so if your PC crashes you don't loose your data which is the valuable stuff
- it is integrated with Dropbox, which is a free storage service, and allows you to backup the exact file you are using with the log.
- the fields are fully customizable.
- is prepared for multigas (I believe all of them does, right?)

In fact, I'm a geek, I recognize it hehehe

At the end of the day you may choose the one that you feel comfortable with.

My 2 cents

Enjoy!

I currently use Mac Dive. I have used it with an Aeries Compumask and Oceanic VT4. Works pretty good if your from the mac persuasion. If your on Windows I recommend Dive Log.

Daru

I use Diving Log 5 with my VEO 180NX. It's a great program. I also have the IPhone app, so I can sync everything up at the end of the day. I am a software programmer by trade so I may be a little harsh in this statement, but quite frankly the Oceanic software looked like 3rd grade Billy coded it.

...looked like 3rd grade Billy coded it.

heheheh most of the programming from the "scuba vendors" does.
Hopefully the put all the quality in the development of the firmware :S

I used to have ocean log for my veo. Such a crap program I stopped using it and sold the cable before I hung myself with it in disgust. All my veo dives are in a paper logbook.

My new computer is the Shearwater Predator and it comes with logging software. And it's bluetooth enabled so I just plug in the dongle and pair em. At least that's what the instructions say! I have not had it in the water yet so no dives to log.

But I bought the dive nav course from alberto for it and that is the plan this weekend. Along with my Six Sigma Green Belt course and review and editing of the new SEI Search and Recovery Recreational and Level One PSD course. Yes I multitask.

And even being able to do this was not enough to get the damn Oceanic software to work right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom