Cold water experience with Atomic B2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also dive with a B2, and love it! Upgrading to enviro-seal is pretty easy, and something i'd recommend just as an added safety factor. The only thing that goes into the upgrade is the ring seal on the 1st stage, and then we pump it full of crystolube. A very messy process, but something that only needs to be done every other year (though it's recommended to continue getting a regular free checkup every year just to make sure all is in working order).

I have dove the Z2's and the MK17's in waters down to 27F without issue. These are both great regs. However, I would be more inclined to buy a diaphragm style reg for colder water, it appears they have fewer issues with the cold. All atomic regs are balanced piston, the MK17 is diaphragm.

I have dove the Z2's and the MK17's in waters down to 27F without issue. These are both great regs. However, I would be more inclined to buy a diaphragm style reg for colder water, it appears they have fewer issues with the cold. All atomic regs are balanced piston, the MK17 is diaphragm.

Is your Z2 environmentally sealed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom