What dive software do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just ordered a download cable for my computer, which comes with the Oceanic "Ocean Log" software but I know there are several other good applications out there that folks like so which is your favorite and why?

I'm on a mac, I use macdive.. Not ideal, but I'm on mac so my options are limited. :(

I have used the Oceanic software on my PC and I have also used the MacDive on my Mac. Haven't used the MacDive enough to really know how to get around in it that well, it does take some getting used to but then I have used PC's for so long I think that's understandable.

I have and use the Suunto Dive Manager/Dive Planner software on laptop (Suunto Vyper) as well as the Shearwater Desktop (for my Predator)

I use the Aeris software for my Aeris Atmos 2 and Elite T3. It took me a bit to get my lifetime dive number in the system but now it is set. I hardly use a log book any more. Often my dive times are off a bit as I may forget to set the correct time some or something like that. But I like the fact that the software records dive profiles, temps, etc. I can manually edit each dive after the fact with location, etc. My only complaint is that Areis doesn't have the software for Mac which I use. I do have a couple of softwares that are ms-based so I use BootCamp. Only problem is getting the software to recognize the dive computer when attached. I have to boot it a couple of times, but I'm guessing that is a Mac issue.

I use the Aeris software for my Aeris Atmos 2 and Elite T3. It took me a bit to get my lifetime dive number in the system but now it is set. I hardly use a log book any more. Often my dive times are off a bit as I may forget to set the correct time some or something like that. But I like the fact that the software records dive profiles, temps, etc. I can manually edit each dive after the fact with location, etc. My only complaint is that Areis doesn't have the software for Mac which I use. I do have a couple of softwares that are ms-based so I use BootCamp. Only problem is getting the software to recognize the dive computer when attached. I have to boot it a couple of times, but I'm guessing that is a Mac issue.
@LiquidDivingAdventure: If you're using a Mac, why go through all that trouble to boot into BootCamp just to do some divelogging?

MacDive offers support for your Aeris computers. It works great with my Suunto computers. I'm sure it would work just as well with the Atmos 2 and Elite T3.

I use MacDive and am quite happy with it, but if you're using the Oceanic program I'm guessing you're on a PC so I'd suggest Diving Log 5.0. I also have an old 1st gen ipod touch with Dive Log that I take with me on the boat and then fill in details on it while they're fresh in my head. Your buddy or DM can use their finger to sign your log and then both MacDive and Diving Log 5.0 will sync with it. DL5.0 will also sync with android and windows phones.

If you want open source and cross platform there's JDiveLog. Java program that has versions for PC, Mac and Linux. Not on par with the two I've mentioned above though.

I have a Cobra 3 and as long as Dive Manager 3 supports it, I'll use that. DM4 is still way to much of a work in progress, and I have no desire to use Movescount to 'share' my diving experience. I've looked at Diving Log 5, but don't feel like ponying up the $$ if I don't have to.

Back
Top Bottom