Snark II Double Hose Regulator - Value ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PD_Medic

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm trying to figure out the value of a Nemrod Snark III double hose regulator. My son is getting into diving and I'm looking at selling some older equipment I have to fund his classes and equipment. I have not dove with this regulator and am not sure about it's condition just wondering if this has any value as a vintage regulator or if I should just put it in a shadow box for display.

Everything looks good on it and I believe the serial number is 09128.

Thanks in advance and if this post is inappropriate I apologize.

Travis

Last edited:
Did you mean a Snark 3?
I believe the 2 is a single hoser.

About $30 for the 2 and up to $200 or so for the 3.

Depending on the version (there were several) and condition an ebay price is in the $125-200 range, less on a bad day and more if some nuts get in a bidding war.

I'm fairly sure it says Snark II but I will double check that how do you determine what the version is? Anything specific I should look for? I'll try to put some photos up later.

If it's a double hose, it's a III. They were all called the same thing but the outside looks changed a little over the years and the later ones had a HP port. Kinda like different model year cars, same name but with body changes and different options. The ones with the HP port are a little more desireable but the older ones IMO look nicer.

Here are some of the "Snark111" labels to compare with your unit, post a foto if wish, condition of the regulator is also important factor. . SNARK 111  1960.jpgSNARK 111 SILVER 1969.jpgV-2    1 1953.jpgSNARK 111 SUPER.jpgSNARK 111 SILVER.  BLUE LABEL.jpg

I'd put it on an LP tank and see if it works. The Snark III I learned to dive with was put up by my dad and sat for decades. It worked but would free flow a little after taking a breath. Cleaned it, adjusted, and have been diving it several times a year since. It isn't a great breather, but it's the same at 133' as it is at 15'.

Bob
----------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

My Silver Snark III went for $75 on eBay in 2006. It worked fine but needed hoses.

Back
Top Bottom