Cheap wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlowe

Registered
Reaction score
I am going diving at the lake tomorrow with a local dive shop. I am renting a wet suit from them for $20. They have the NeoSport suits for $85. I have to admit I am tempted to get one. Can anyone give me an idea about what to expect with this sort of suit? Would I be better off spending a couple of extra $s or even doubling the price for a 'better' suit?

I own a Neosport 3mm suit, and I love it. Judging from the price you were quoted, you're looking at the same suit. Neosport is made by Henderson, and is a quality suit. My only question would be is it going to be heavy enough for you? Depending on what lake you're diving around here, and how deep you get, 3mm may not be enough. For instance, at CSSP, with a 3mm and a hood, you would be okay right now down to about 20ft. After that, you need something a little heavier, because the thermocline is a beyatch. The quality of the suit is fine, but check your temps. Just my 2psi, YMMV.

I have some used wetsuit from my old rental dept 3 mil (good for warm water in my book 75 and up) and some 7mm full suits bye seaquest

Wrangler:
I have some used wetsuit from my old rental dept 3 mil (good for warm water in my book 75 and up) and some 7mm full suits bye seaquest
Any XXL sizes?

Yeah, I went to Travis. Temps were warm to 35 then got cooler past there. Went to 50 and it was cool with temps in the upper 60s.

I think I need to do some more diving here in central texas and determine what suit I will need for the majority of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom