Moderation: Too much or too little?

What is your GENERAL feeling about SB moderation?

• I'd like to see more moderation

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I'd like to see less moderation

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I think the current level of moderation is fine.

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • I have another opinion - state below

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inconsistency.

I made the following 2 quotes in one of Matts threads, the only 1 I'v read in fact. They're obviously about his right to post his opinions, about his experiences.

I think some should go back & re-read Matts OP. He's not telling anyone how to dive, he's talking about his personal experience, & the conclusions he reached about doing dive courses. Seems a pretty valid sort of thing for anyone to post, after all, how many OW/AOW etc. courses have even the most experienced divers done.

Well Dan, I think Matts 1st para qualifies the rest of what he says. In fact I'v heard it a million times in Oz, but of course it go's like this, "you should get certified in Oz, don't do it on vacation in SE Asia, Pacific Is., they're just sausage factories where you buy a certification".

You may be right about the way he has couched the language. But he's not an teacher in a formal setting, he's a poster on an internet discussion board. However, I still think a relatively new diver can have as valid an opinion on training courses as an experienced diver. For e.g., I'm a reasonably experienced diver, but I'v only done 2 recreational courses with pro recreational dive trainers, so there are many newer divers who have more experience with such courses than I do.

Some time later the thread was moderated for the reasons given in the quote bellow.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Time for intermission, folks....
And during this break, let me remind you that the topic of this thread is preferences in training locales. Posts discussing the prerogative of the OP to offer an opinion are considered off topic and have been removed. Please focus on the topic at hand as you turn your attention back to the thread.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Comments concerning the moderation of this thread have been split off to a new thread in the Feedback forum: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/feedback/415837-topic-split-thread-right-way-get-certified.html

My 1st 2 posts are still there, as is a post I was responding to. Why? It all seems quite inconsistent to me.

PS. I mentioned this in the thread that was split off the original thread. That thread then disappeared, for reasons I obviously can't know.

Last edited:
I get the same message.

That is because it has been taken into the back room.....Hence Kern's message.

So far I have been lucky enough to not be invited in there for a discussion myself. Hope I can keep it that way.

It's not in the back room. It's right there in Feedback. Here's a screen shot from right now showing the path.

Screen Shot 2012-04-05 at 7.41.41 PM.jpg

So you've blocked everybody from seeing it then? I don't care where it is. You guys are posting invalid links. Fix that rather than arguing over it's location.\

It's not in the back room. It's right there in Feedback. Here's a screen shot from right now showing the path.

View attachment 120509

View attachment 120509

And then you get this sort of nonsense from a moderator.

When every link supplied leads you here:-
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the ScubaBoard Support Team.

And it is not in the feedback forum as of this time.

And rather than post incorrect directions, why not answer my question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom