Hi from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the GoPro doing ?

I have been shooting every day, and saving the files to my laptop, but have no intentions of looking at them until I get home. I think I could have some great stuff... but you never know.

Diving has been fabulous, absolutely fabulous!!! Clear water, tons of stuff big and small, gorgeous coral formations. Can't ask for more ANYWHERE!!

Last night we did the Twilight on Paseo de Cedral... ripping current, as usual there, and several nurse sharks and a turtle the size of a VW bug. Seriously,, biggest hawksbilll anyone on the boat has ever seen. Huge. He just laid there on reef eating and didn't mind us 7 staying and watching him for 5+ minutes. We stayed as long as we physically could, fighting that mad current.
The night dive was at Paradise and it was the octopus show!!! Lots and lots of great stuff out, really great night dive. The restaurant stayed open late for all of us and we had dinner at 9:30pm. Gosh, I LOVE ScubaClub.

Wednesday ---Two morning boat dives this morning are planned, then I think we will stick to shore diving the rest of day in order to rest up. LOL... we are both pooped from last night still. Off to breakfast buffet and fresh fruit bar.

robin

hey robin... what are you diving in this week? swimsuit only? skin? 1m? something heavier. i'll be down in 2 weeks and im usually just diving with a rash guard during the day and a full skin at night for protection.

thanks!
kim

We dive with 5mm wetsuits, and I have a hood/beanie. Water temp is 80-81 but if you do multiple days with multiple dives you will get colder as the week goes along.

Paradise had very little current on the night dive, it was awesome but there were a ton of boats there, too.

Wednesday am --- we did Paseo de Cedral as our first dive. Nestor wanted to go look for the nurse shark under the ledge with a big green moray that we had seen on the Twilight dive. Yup, both still there. ~wink~ We saw 2 more nurse sharks, tons of HUGE parrotfish, both rainbow and midnight, and then a big loggerhead turtle came by. My first loggerhead in Cozumel, we've seen tons of hawksbills but not a loggerhead. It was another touchdown score.
Second dive was Chankanaab... easy almost no current, tons of fishlife.

We just ate lunch and are planning to head out to do the SCC shoredive area for a dive. I might even ~gasp~ snorkel for a few minutes.

robin

We're you able to get a photo of the loggerhead? I have found them, unlike the hawksbill, to be very camera shy.

Ron got a few photos but I got video.... I think. He came right at me.

robin

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 05:00 PM ----------

Today we did Punta Sur Cathedrals (not Devil's throat, the section south of that) as our first dive. Nice.
Second dive was Villa Blanca wall and we found a yellow seahorse. Woo hooo.
Third dive was afternoon shore dive at SCC, and we had the usual eels and fishlife, but then a pair of squid showed up and did a dance for us, then inked. LOL Tooo freakin' cool.

dinner shortly, then we are doing a full moon night dive... in fact, I think about everyone here at resort is doing a night dive. Should be awesome.

robin

I used a 3mm full for Coz last year and it was perfect.

hey robin... what are you diving in this week? swimsuit only? skin? 1m? something heavier. i'll be down in 2 weeks and im usually just diving with a rash guard during the day and a full skin at night for protection.

thanks!
kim

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4vyaxc

Well, our 6 days of boat diving are done, now we are just shore diving this morning for a few. Boo Hoo.
Ron took the GoPro in on the night shore dive last night and found 3 octopus to play with. It was overcast skies, so no great full moon diving experience, plus current was a bit rough.

We are going to have breakfast shortly. Mmmmm. I will try to post later tonight with a rundown of what we found today onshore as well as shopping this afternoon in town.

robin

Back
Top Bottom