Cozumel in April 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aren't they suppose to be blue for the ocean? and green for returning to land? Those poor divers waited all that time to turn blue and they ended up green already :rofl3: At least they're in color...thanks Mossman
I don't have any idea. I didn't want this job. Figured green was like green light. I was going to make the runners-up yellow, but that's hard to read. And I thought it would be rude to make everyone else red. Besides, where I come from, the water is green and the land is brown.

Hey Kim - We're down roundabout the same time. Same time last year we had a very nice time and the currents, while sometimes wicked fast (that's what I wrote in my log), weren't scary.

My plan is to keep watching reports here to see if things settle down, and we'll probably stick with some nice bottom dives for our first day or two to get back into the groove and see how things go. As has been pointed out by several folks, even a crazy current can't push you lower than the bottom.

And now, after writing this, I see that you have vastly more dive experience than I do. Hmmmmm. This is the internet so I think I can choose to completely ignore this little piece of trivial "data". : )

Headed down April 20-23 with a friend. Staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with We B Diving. First time with this group, hotel and dive buddy and I havent been to Cozumel in a couple of years so im looking forward to it.

We are a bit nervous about the threads talking about the crazy currents down there right now tho. VERY NERVOUS!!

Added myself. Last min booking, today, 1st time to Cozumel other than 1 stop via cruise ship. Haven't dove there before

March 30 - April 7: Robint - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
March 30 - April 9: bensontc + 3 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
April 1-15: Azscubadude - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
April 1-7: desperoadie + 2 - Iberostar - Dressel Divers
April 5-12: proxpolaris + 1 - Hotel Cozumel - ?
April 7: Dredlok + 2 - (Carnival cruise) - Aldora Divers
April 7-13: caseybird - Hotel Cozumel - Aldora Divers
April 7-13: simskiscuba - Allegro - Prodive
April 7-14: Jax + 1 - Allegro - Prodive
April 7-14: 84turboz + 1 - El Cid - Dive with Martin
April 7-14: BettyinToronto + 1 - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
April 7-15: hlplacid + 2 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
April 8-15: becca31 - Blue Angel - Blue Angel
April 9-16: missyjane + 1 - Occidental Grand - Dive Palancar
April 10-17: Pidgiepoo + 1 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive with Martin
April 10-20: Sgt2221 - Villa Aldora - Aldora Divers
April 11-18: tranetech - Cozumel Palace - Anita Divers
April 12-17: vannsbtch + 1 - Occidental Grand - Dive Palancar
April 13-21: PeterNBiddle + 2 - Hotel Presidente - Aldora Divers
April 14-21: Thomthumb + gang - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
April 14-28: Uber + Mrs Uber - Occidental Grand - Dive Palancar/Friends
April 15-21: Get Wet - Hotel Cozumel - Scuba Tony
April 15-22: Booda + 1 - La Ceiba - Babieca Dive Center
April 16-24: Ben_wilson3301 + 1 - ? - Dive with Martin/Dive Palancar
April 17-25: Nitrox624 + 1 - Allegro - Aldora Divers
April 18-25: Budgirl + 1 - Blue Angel - Blue Angel
April 21-25: mstevens + 4 - Casa Suzana - Blue Magic Scuba
April 21-28: DeepSeaDan - Occidental Grand - Aldora Divers
April 21-28: WOODMAN + ? - Hotel Bahia - Living Underwater
April 21-28: Lionfish51 + 1 - Sabor - Babieca Dive Center
April 22-26 Dweaver +1 (non-diver wifey)- Occidental Grand - ?
April 22-30: Citycountryguy + 1 - Allegro - ProDive Mexico
April 23-30: Mossman - Occidental Grand - Living Underwater
April 25-30: Warmwaterturner + 1 - ? - Blue Angel
April 28-May 5: Johnsona1503 - Aldora - Aldora Divers
April 29-May 6: Cohoona - Hotel Cozumel - ?

With DeepSeaDan, Dweaver, and me all overlapping at the OG, we should have a mini meet-n-greet one day. I'll buy the drinks :)

I don't have any idea. I didn't want this job. .

Not to worry..The Secretary of the Year Award has already been spoken for. :rofl3:(just kidding)
I like your reasoning behind choosing the "green light" color for those heading for Coz. I am really grateful that you're taking the time to do the list..and add color..so Kudos to you.:)

Aren't they suppose to be blue for the ocean? and green for returning to land? Those poor divers waited all that time to turn blue and they ended up green already :rofl3: At least they're in color...thanks Mossman

Gottcha trained don't I Pidge! Yeah, Blue was for the beautiful blue Coz water, and Green was for 'green with envy' of those still there.... but I like Mossman's thought process as well!! Green means GO!!! :D

(So what's the color for "I don't want to go home, I'm never leaving, you can't make me get on that plane!!" ??? LOL!)

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2012 at 08:51 AM ----------

Moss=cheap?

Coming from the man that hides his tequila bottles before he heads off island??? .... IJS!!:eyebrow:

Hey Kim - We're down roundabout the same time. Same time last year we had a very nice time and the currents, while sometimes wicked fast (that's what I wrote in my log), weren't scary.

My plan is to keep watching reports here to see if things settle down, and we'll probably stick with some nice bottom dives for our first day or two to get back into the groove and see how things go. As has been pointed out by several folks, even a crazy current can't push you lower than the bottom.

And now, after writing this, I see that you have vastly more dive experience than I do. Hmmmmm. This is the internet so I think I can choose to completely ignore this little piece of trivial "data". : )

haha. lots of dives does not mean that ive ever dealt with a downcurrent or upcurrent. regular currents, yes, they are fun (as long as there is someone to pick u up at the end). getting "dragged" down to 170ft is not something that i want to experience or even have figured out how to handle. i hope things settle down before then

With DeepSeaDan, Dweaver, and me all overlapping at the OG, we should have a mini meet-n-greet one day. I'll buy the drinks :)

I like that idea Mr. MossMan! Don't forget Mr. & Mrs. Uber & Nitrox624 ( he's @ Allegro - our neighbour I believe ). I was river diving up here in Canuk-land last Saturday in 41 degree splendour; however, thoughts of Coz did permeate my mildly hypothermic cranium...

Can't wait!

Best,
DSD

Here till saturday, diving is great as usual, snorkel trip at Punta Sur today, was wild...... Love this place....
Saw spotted eagel ray on a shore snorkel behind Hotel Cozumel, awesome.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom