Sunny Santa Rosa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, Ron Frank and I are here with a good sized group from Colorado. Weatherman is predicting near 90 degree temps. Tonight we saw, a number of nudis, an octo, some Halameda ghost pipefish, and a school of barracuda, but that was a slide show.. We'll post on the actual qualities of Blue Hole tomorrow!:D

Well, Ron Frank and I are here with a good sized group from Colorado. Weatherman is predicting near 90 degree temps. Tonight we saw, a number of nudis, an octo, some Halameda ghost pipefish, and a school of barracuda

Blue Hole narcosis.

We are having fun! Grilled some burgers and brats in the parking lot, good night dive. Pretty busy and really poor vis. More diving tomorrow.

It rained in Santa Rosa all day today, and was super windy. Didn't loose any trees this storm...yet. Tomorrow they are calling for 20ft swells and 20 knot winds, and it is the first day of abalone season (Hopefully no one dies). Weatherman are always wrong, it is not going to be 90 degree temps but we do expect a nice sunny day tomorrow with maybe 60 degrees :)

Maybe I should have waited another hour to post this?

It rained in Santa Rosa all day today, and was super windy. Didn't loose any trees this storm...yet. Tomorrow they are calling for 20ft swells and 20 knot winds, and it is the first day of abalone season (Hopefully no one dies). Weatherman are always wrong, it is not going to be 90 degree temps but we do expect a nice sunny day tomorrow with maybe 60 degrees :)

Wrong Santa Rosa, it is Sunny and 90+ in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. :D

That is funny, 20 foot swells in New Mexico :wink:

That is funny, 20 foot swells in New Mexico :wink:

...although I do think I saw something like that on Rock Lake once last year.

Bummer, missed you guys by one weekend. I was there last weekend. Saw ABQdiver there. VERY crowded.

Tonight we saw, a number of nudis, an octo, some Halameda ghost pipefish, and a school of barracuda, but that was a slide show.

We had a good time at BH. Kent was teaching a dozen students, so it was a working weekend for him.

Was not too crowded but the students managed to stir it up huge from early Saturday on. Great weather! It snowed 4" here yesterday but it should melt off quickly....

Yes, but we still managed a Blue Hole margarita and a couple of beers. :)
On another note, Perch looked as good as I have ever seen it. We didn't get a chance to dive it, but wow, it looked pristine.
Ron helped with all of the students, grilled up a great lunch, and offered expertise with photography. It was great to get together for a couple of days.
An RMO get together is in order pretty soon. Maybe Aurora next month?

Back
Top Bottom