Henderson Aqualock or Custom Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wound up with a Henderson Hyperstretch Titanium. It is almost as easy to put on as the Aqualock. So far so good....I love the way it fits!! I haven't been on here much because I've been busy with school and work. Thanks Collium7 for being interested in the outcome :)

My next wetsuit is going to be from here : Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

The amount of measuring they do insures you will have a great fit and they use rubatex which is the best material for wetsuits. I have seen them at a local dive show for three years and am just waiting for my Pinnacle to wear out to order one from them. I managed to have my booth next to theirs and saw the care they take in measuring.

Based on my own limited experience with Henderson suits and reports of seams coming apart, not lasting very long (a friends went just over 75 dives and was pretty much shot), I would not even consider one. Way overpriced for what they are IMO, and I'd be very careful about the return policy and read the fine print and get ANY guarantee in writing.

I'm not an easy size to fit and if you are going to spend the money custom is the only way to go. Plus wetwear will add zippers, pockets, etc where you want them. Tell them Jim Lapenta from the next booth at Scubafest in Ohio referred you. I get no comission, discount, etc. Just really like their product and business practices.

Hey Jim I have a Henderson H2 I now have 83 dives on it in lakes rivers and oceans , it is still in excelent condition. I will be getting a Aqua Lock 7mm next. The only reason Im posting this is because Ive had good service w / Henderson .

Back
Top Bottom