Intova Searchlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was able to use mine last month at the Bonne Terre mines , and am happy with how it worked out.

I think its too big to be used as a backup light attached to my BP/W set up, but puts out a great amount of light.
The beam was fairly tight with some halo and a good burn time .
I also liked the high and low power option because some of the dives the 800 lumes was just too much.

Jim Breslin

Just got two of these. Yes they are larger but not compared to my Princeton ... It is amazingly bright.

I myself am in the market for a new dive light and am leaning towards the Intova Wide Angle Torch.

In Cal west cost water, don't get the Intova wide angle. It is a absolutely useless light in day time, and a lousy light at night.

I just bought one.

In the low viz of the st-lawrence river, it is comparable if not a bit better than my 10W HID light monkey.
It is a bit longer than the head part of my canister lamp, but not by much.

Better burn time (theoreticaly), almost same lenght, better brightness, no cord, this will be my new primary lamp on my next cave trip.

Anyone has a size comparison picture between this Intova SL and DRIS 500?

In Search light is bigger - I own a SL1 but not the DRIS 500

Measures 8"s long with the head being 1.5"s wide
500lumeneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.jpg
dimensions (9.8 x 2.3) in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom