What is all this stuff!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abalone Iron
Sunkmail - Ab Iron

Markings for legal size for Red, Pink, Green, and Black when the iron was made. Only Red Abalone may be taken in CA.
Sunkmail - markings

Tip is a no no for use in CA now, too pointed and sharp.
Sunkmail - tip

I like the rubber tubing strap, I use bungee cord, the new ones come with nylon cord and a pinchlock that makes it hard to get off if it gets stuck. Ab divers here have to freedive for Abalone so a stuck bar can ruin an otherwise fine day.
Sunkmail - strap

If it is an old steel one, it makes a nice prybar and one that sharp would work for rock scallops. Not worth much here 'cause I've got a drawer full of Ab Irons and Ab gauges I've picked up off the bottom.

Bob
An Ab diver if you didn't guess.
-------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Last edited:
I mis spoke regarding the Pro DG - I was had the Swimaster in my head (with the screw threw the face plate) which I just fixed myself a while ago. Still... maybe there is a way.
I will post back later, gotta run... Remember, I'm always accepting donations :)

Back
Top Bottom