Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
East or west side?

Beautiful dawn dive with Jim this morning. Temp 77 with viz easily 60+ feet. Lots of octopus, including these two who were very close together and had a "just smoked a cigarette" look about them. If you know what I'm saying.

Besides the usual we also saw a spotted eagle ray, a small southern ray and this huge school of jacks. They let Jim swim right into the middle of them.

Night divers: you're in for a treat. Conditions couldn't be better!

View attachment 119037 View attachment 119038 View attachment 119040 View attachment 119039

Love those big schools. I always try to imagine where they've been and where they're heading.

Kevin

So much of the time I am looking down. It's so delightfully startling to look up and see such a big school like that.

East or west side?

Ben - PM sent.

Love those big schools. I always try to imagine where they've been and where they're heading.

Kevin
Better than wondering what's chasing them!

Good evening dive with the male J! It's late and just downloaded photos, but wanted to post these couple..:shakehead:
P1014741.jpgP1014742.jpgP1014743.jpg

Sounds like that boat driver is a nominee for...

darwin-awards.jpg

Last night was beautiful...got there too late to see the beach boat. I and a few friends dove the west span this time...octos, side gilled sea slug, big fish schools, eagle ray, lotsa baby lobsters (I tried to facilitate a baby lobster to octopus introduction, but without success), a tiny sea robin, and just an overall great dive. Met J&J on the beach afterwards to compare notes.

Last edited:
The boat was obviously in the swim area, where the heck was the Life Guard?

Yesterday I got to start and end the day diving with a Bouyancy Babe (a different one each time).
The water was 77 and viz was the best I've seen in a year... at least 70 feet. Both dives were great even though I couldn't find my butt with both hands on the night dive (to the point of leaving the east bridge and heading north instead of south). Thanks to both of the Babes for a great day of diving!

I'm posting a couple of images I took a few weeks ago. I've decided not to post my seahorse pics right away because of the A-holes who insist it is ok to harvest these delightful creatures.
Lined Seahorse
Blue Heron Bridge Seahorse Joanie's Girl.jpg

Lined (or Longsnout) Seahorse
Blue Heron Bridge Seahorses Lined Seahorse.jpg

For some reason I can't resize the images on this page anymore but I hope you enjoy them.

The boat was obviously in the swim area, where the heck was the Life Guard?
it was after 5 PM when the lifeguard leaves. But.. that is no excuse for a boat to be in the swim area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom