Night Dive in the Caymans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crimson Dive

Registered
Reaction score
I have a night dive scheduled for next week, East End on Grand Cayman and need some opinions. Will a 3mil shorty be sufficient for this dive? TIA

The current water temperature around East End is about 81F. Most folks are happy with no more than a 3mm shortie.

This is the windy end of the island, so be sure to take a towel and possibly a light windbreaker or cover-up if the wind is blowing the night of your dive.

I could have joined you if you were going the following week! I'm scheduled for a night dive w/ OF June 1st. Rats, we could have buddied. Yeah you should be just fine.

Crimson Dive:
I have a night dive scheduled for next week, East End on Grand Cayman and need some opinions. Will a 3mil shorty be sufficient for this dive? TIA
Depends How many dives will you do during the day?
I usally wear a full 3mm and do 5 dives a day. Exception was when huricane roxane was there water was like 87 deg acording to my puter and to warm to use the 3mil dove in tee and shorts till it smack us and put 8 ft waves onshore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom