Rhincodon Typus (Whalesharks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chebel

Registered
Reaction score
Serioulsy, my brother and I are planning a trip to Roatan next February. We've got one goal in mind, Rhincodon (this forum won't let me italicize it).
Can someone help. We're following the Shark Research Institue's plan to maximize our chances of seeing one. Seaspace is about to hit Houston (my home base) and I'm planning to book Feb 12-19 at CocoView of 2005. Does anyone esle have any advice. Roatanman, what's been your experience? Is this a pipedream or do we have a ance of swimming with one? Does Coco View do day trips to Utila or should we just stay there? Help.

hee hee, "typus" is always in lowercase. It's a species name. Only the genus (Rhincodon) is uppercase. And you can either italicize or underline 'em. If you just call the things whale sharks you can avoid all the nomenclature protocols. There's a space between "Whale" and "Shark", however.

double posted. You're so bad!

chebel:
Serioulsy, my brother and I are planning a trip to Roatan next February. We've got one goal in mind, Rhincodon (this forum won't let me italicize it).
Can someone help. We're following the Shark Research Institue's plan to maximize our chances of seeing one. Seaspace is about to hit Houston (my home base) and I'm planning to book Feb 12-19 at CocoView of 2005. Does anyone esle have any advice. Roatanman, what's been your experience? Is this a pipedream or do we have a ance of swimming with one? Does Coco View do day trips to Utila or should we just stay there? Help.

RoatanMan is at CoCo view for another week. He does post here dailey try to pm him.

archman:
double posted. You're so bad!

not anymore...

:eyebrow:

chebel:
Don't care what ya call em just let me know what you find out will try to go as well. Have always wanted to swim with Wahle Sharks

I was at CoCoView last week and those folks who went on the Utila day trip, saw and snorkeled with some whale sharks.
I wasn't on the trip myself, but those who were seemed pretty pleased with the experience..
If you main goal is Whale Sharks, you may want to look more at Utlia than Roatan, just a thought..

Back
Top Bottom