That Does Not Compute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I wanted to make a quick dive today before the predicted weekend storm arrives. Merry suggested the Redondo Barge, as it's only a three minute ride from King Harbor. Visibility was four feet, Merry couldn't get her camera to function correctly and without a focus light, I couldn't get any shots of the thousands of salps and jellies between 20 and 30 feet. After only five minutes on the barge we aborted the dive. While getting out of my harness my computer popped out of the wrist mount and flew away. It landed about 100 feet NE of the barge. Merry suggested going to look for it, but we would never find a two inch computer in four feet vis. I probably should have just gone to work today. :(

TREASURE HUNT!!!!!!

:d

Divebum Don Doesn't Like This :depressed:

Bummer Phil, sorry to hear that! I know you'll hammer the site

Bummer.....which wrist mount?

I have in Vyper in a DSS mount, never thought the computer itself could/would pop out.....

M

Oh, so sorry to hear it! I hope the dive gods give it back.

if you don't find it by tues, I'll ask Capt Jim of DiverCity to take us tuesday and wednesday to look for it.

Ugh. Bummer man. Thousands of salps and jellies!? At least the dive wasn't a complete bust and you got to see that spectacle.

Sorry Man! As far as dive accidents go it could have been a whole lot worse. Who knows, maybe you'll even get it back. Fortunately it's not an incident or accident.
Some days, particularly in retrospect, would have been best spent in bed with the covers pulled up tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom