Avg Depth for Tamaulipas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bleed your HP 30% tank down to 2650 and top with air to 3400. Viola.... 28%. Everybody in MHC banks 30%.

As far as the Naeco stern goes, plan for 135 but you it is more likely you average 125 unless you are digging under the wreck for the whole dive.

I've been on the Naeco about three times with Capt James, bleeding down as mentioned. Well worth the trip, even with the fairly short bottom time (no deco). The clarity of the water has been unbelievable on my times out there. Hope to make many more trips out there to this site. Travel of 1 1/2 to 2 hours is the norm here. I bled my low pressure 95 with 30% down and had it topped it off with air to a 27% mix.

Last edited:
So what are you guys diving 24% / 25% or 21/35. Are you talking 30-40 min RT or BT? Any way what are some of the boats that alow a 25-30 min BT. Any sugustion appreciated.

I just dive air on this site, water is generally, blue , clear & warm so narcosis is not a factor for me, if you are more susceptible to it maybe a little Helium would help. Really running 24% Nitrox doesn't do a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, especially if you run a high O2 mix for accelerated Deco, which I would do.
You can try Capt JT Capt JT's Wreck Diving Site he will let you (with proper training & experience) run longer bottom times as long as you can do the Deco, he knows these sites are tough to get to & once there the dive should be worth it.
Most of his weekends (if not all of them) are probably booked, so you might need to check his site & use the contact info to see if the trips are full. He has an extremely popular boat so most trips fill & have waiting lists, but you never know. You could try A weekday charter.
On that video I believe everyone was on a 30 to 40 min. BT & most were using 100% for their deco so as to only carry 1 bottle, as you could see most were also toting cameras.
That would only be 1 dive there & we would come in for the 2nd dive, most likely the British Splendour in 110 fsw & since the "Under Pressure" has an on board compressor filling for another dive is no big deal.
Capt. Dave with the "Lions Paw" also runs there, I will let him answer any questions about doing Deco on his boat.

Back
Top Bottom