some shots from my S100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
still getting used to the button positions vs. my old oly camera....and the fact that i haven't shot manual since my nik v :(

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

thank you. it's a very nice camera...i am happy with it. now, i just need some new wet lenses

From my perspective the key to most underwater pics is a wide angle lens. Macro is the exception.

WA lets you get closer and still get the whole subject in the frame - closer means less water between you and the subject, less water means fewer particles and and stuff in the picture which means the potential for better pics.

Whatever camera you select, I would suggest you make sure a WA lens option is available for it.

M

Wow nice pic man! Im think between the canon s100 or canon g1x

As a G11 owner, I can tell you that the G-series is better for topside photos and the S-series is better for underwater (because of issues with using the G-series cameras with wide-angle lenses). The S-series is almost a full step faster too, which is worth it's weight in gold underwater.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

Back
Top Bottom