Diving on the North & Northeast of Nassau / Paradise Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erobe32

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hoping to get some insight from those in the know. I'm going to be on Paradise Island the first week of December and wanted to hear about others' experiences diving around this area. I've gone out with Stuart's guys a bunch of times in the past and seen a lot of the Western/Southwestern side of Nassau. Obviously saw some great stuff there, good vis, etc.

Just wondering whether it is worth saving the travel time by diving off of a local boat on/near Paradise Island. Also, do any of the local shops fill Nitrox or is air the way to go in the Bahamas?

FWIW, I'm NAUI Rescue certified, SSI Nitrox/wreck/night & lim vis, working on tech certs. Ideally looking for something a little more unique than what i've had the pleasure of seeing in the past down there. Wrecks, deep dives, blue holes - that sort of thing.

Your insight is much appreciated.

I'm going to be at Paradise Island the week before for the first time (Nov. 26-Dec 2). So what did you think of Stuart Cove guys? Where were your favourite dive sites?

From my research, I heard the South Western sites are the best for New Providence. The other dive op is Bahama Divers closest to Paradise Island. I haven't read that many positive reviews for Bahama Divers and also their dive sites aren't that great. I'm still researching though. Will share where I can.

Mmmm....it was working earlier today. Now it's not. Were having a nightmare with cell phones/island wide two way radios etc at the moment (last two days). I wonder if the net's affected as well. In the mean time i'll get Sean's (explorer's boss/owner's) number and pm you with it.
I've never dived with them, but they are spoken of very highly locally.

yeah...sorry for the delay. Pressures of work etc.....
I cant get this to PM any more. if you can figure it out please PM me I'd be greatly honored to send you his number.
If you'll pardon me, I'm currently charged with what feels like approximately one and a half billion other things to be getting on with......
Do send ME a PM under this wonderful new interface, I shall respond with Shaun's number.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom