So Fl Divers, remember this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackvans1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In mid august, the newly certified diver (ME) drove down from NY to West Palm Beach Florida. Upon arriving at Blue Heron Bridge, I excitedly walked to the fishing pier only to see most divers worst nightmare! You only have to watch the first two minutes to relive the wonderful memories!

Haulover Jelly Fish Infestation part 1 - YouTube

Last year's Moon Jelly invasion was most impressive. I suited up in warm water only to get stung on my lip.

re: Moon Jellys--On the days we dove BHB last year during the FULL moon event, we dove with the jellys and were mostly unstung; and for us, the stings were not a problem. I did learn to avoid the central stalk. The stinging cells on their margin were less of a problem--sorta like some hydroids............We did wear skins!!

Jellys kill goliath grouper---during the moon invasion last year lots of moons got chopped up at the intake to the St Lucie nuclear power plant. The random parts went into a cooling lagoon where lots of goliaths were stung around the gills and died. Google for the whole story!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom