Prayers for a swamper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So glad to hear this!!! Prayers continuing.

Hey, any of you military / military retired - have you looked at the base lodging for Monica? You can sponsor her as your guest, y'know.

Jax thanks so much... I must have been brain dead... can someone get word to Monica and see if they can get her into Fisher House?
Brooke has one... Fisher house is the ronald macdonald house for our military hospitals.. it is free, no base lodging needed..
Home | Fisher House Foundation

Jax thanks so much... I must have been brain dead... can someone get word to Monica and see if they can get her into Fisher House?
Brooke has one... Fisher house is the ronald macdonald house for our military hospitals.. it is free, no base lodging needed..
Home | Fisher House Foundation
I've sent this info to Monica via phone text.
Thank you...that is the power of Scubaboard, one big diving family looking out for their buddies. You guys are awesome.

Unfortunately I was just told by Monica that Fisher House has a long waiting list. So those of you with San Antonio friends and family, please keep looking for housing options. This is going to be a very long expensive haul.

Today's News from Monica:
Monica Winston

Good Morning Everyone,

I know many of you are asking how you can help and I have not really had a chance to think about anything else except David and making sure I am getting rest when I can to be strong for David.

There are two needs we have. One, is I need help financially to temporarily get an apartment close to David since it will be at least 2-3 months before we can continue his treatment back in Audtin. My mom has found a couple about 3 miles away that is a good safe area. Two, although we have very good medical coverage not everything will be covered. David's treatment is going to be well over a million dollars, and the social worker mentioned this as an idea to help us out with the financial burdens. I was wondering if our family and friends would be willing to help us by contribution any amount to a PayPal account. Even $5 will help. I am working on setting up a PayPal account and getting a link to you to go on a and donate. We don't like asking for money, but the reality is we do and will need your help. Like I said if you can only contribute $5 we will be incredibly grateful. Every little bit helps.

Thank you do much for your prayers and for your support during this very difficult time in our lives. We love all of you do much!!!

I'll definitely chip in to help. Please provide additional details as you receive them, Mselenaous.

Safe dives,

Cyp

Dear David,
Words can not even begin to express the shock I felt when I first heard the news on Sunday. Just shocked.
Every time you came to mind I said a prayer for you and obviously so did so many of your fellow dive buddies here on the board. So many hearts and souls asking god to take care of you. WOW.
I know you have a long road to recover, but the you are alive and fighting and there is no doubt in my mind that you will be diving with us again, I am sure sooner than we think, and you will surprise and amaze us with your fast recovery!

I don't even need to say Stay Strong because that's you! Get well and know that your friends are all wishing you a fast and complete recovery.
Hurry up, because we have a wedding to attend!!

Much love to you.

I've sent this info to Monica via phone text.
Thank you...that is the power of Scubaboard, one big diving family looking out for their buddies. You guys are awesome.

Unfortunately I was just told by Monica that Fisher House has a long waiting list. So those of you with San Antonio friends and family, please keep looking for housing options. This is going to be a very long expensive haul.

next shot.. I have a few "friends" who dove and still dive while in the Army... I know at least one with buds in SF... let me give him a shout and see what he can do... if anything.. its worth a shot..

please let me know when the PayPal account is set up... thanks...
'bella

That's excellent news!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom