2012 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome back, KathyDee!!!

Good to see so much activity long after the "New Year's Resolution" time has passed :)

I re-added some Tabata training into my program yesterday (hadn't done any since before Christmas) I was planning on going for a long run this morning, however getting out of bed, the backs of my upper thighs were so sore from doing squats that I decided to rest and will hopefully do a segment after work. Or I will delay and do it Saturday after intervals tomorrow.

SJ - LOL it was kind of tongue-in-cheek. I detest running and see no point in forcing myself to do something that sucks all the joy from my day :) Plenty of other things I can do and still be happy!

Yesterday we hit the beach for a nice 40+ minute walk and in the afternoon a friend and I headed out to one of our snorkel spots & tooled around there for over an hour and a half. First real snorkel time I've done in months - felt great! Found this awesome guy
FEB12_150kja.jpg

Panasonic TS3

He doesn't look happy. :)

Awesome shot!!!!

Well I made yesterday a rest day. I took a sugar reading right before I was going to walk, and it was 107. I even made it out the door to start a walk, but I was just dead tired, and the legs felt tired so I turned around and went back inside.

Today, I did a half mile swim right after work. Took a Blood sugar reading beforehand and it was at 70. The very low end of within range. Ate 28grams of carbs in the form of a package of goldfish crackers. Took a reading after the swim and it was at 112. I'll take that.

Wow, G, tracking that sugar seems complicated.

I wish I could swim half a mile. My swimming technique is purely 'survival only' mode. Because I have awful technique I usually tire easily and end up doing breast stroke, or side stroke or back stroke to get where I'm going.

I remember doing freestyle off the back of our boat one time chasing a noodle that the wind was taking away. By time I caught it (less than 100 yards) I was darn glad to have something to hang on to so I could catch my breath. Not too smart for a $3 noodle, but I felt the internal challenge.

Congrats on the swim. :thumb:

Gator, being a diabetic who is working on tightly controlling it I have to watch my sugar levels carefully. I don't know if I'm the exception or not, but my sugar levels can drop 60 points or more in a 30 minute walk. One day last week my sugar level drop 100 points during a 35 minute swim workout.

G I have to admit that I don't really know much about diabetes, except that is can turn really nasty or fatal if not controlled. Sounds like you have a good handle on what you need to do. Stay well.

Got in a second workout tonight with Hermit Crab. Day 3, week 1 C25K. Me barefoot on the road and sidewalk with the dogs at night. HC in sneakers.. She is much faster than I.

Back
Top Bottom