Cheap lodgings recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

School ends on July 6th this year according to the SEP calendar, so better to book ahead for your dates in July.
June 26-29 should be no problem, IMO.
Of course there may always be a small local event filling up a place or 2 (I remember the Pepita being full once because of a kid's basketball tournament, but they only stayed one night).

I don't think you'd have a problem for either dates and like Annlaur said, you'll be around the week before so you could check it out and book if you like it!.....(hey Annlaur---we need to meet someday!.....I grew up in Switzerland----French speaking part!...for a long time my French was better than my English........now I just look like a nutcase driving in my car talking to myself in French, since Spanish was taking over!)

Would love to, Betsy. Planning/hoping to move to the island within a year… Fingers crossed, I miss Cozumel daily.
If that happens, Greg can crash on my couch (I'll need a maid anyway :wink: )

As suggested by others, I'd just wing it. Go down, check them out and choose. If your first choice is filled then second, third or fourth will be just fine as well. Don't worry, be happy, you are in Cozumel!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

MMM: Thanks for the info!

njones259: I hear ya but for some reason I think of Cozumel as a vacation, as opposed to the North Atlantic adventure (ordeal) in NJ. Maybe I'm getting old.

As suggested by others, I'd just wing it. Go down, check them out and choose. If your first choice is filled then second, third or fourth will be just fine as well. Don't worry, be happy, you are in Cozumel!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
I may end up doing just. Might be brave and try staying in a dorm room in a hostel. Anybody know anything about Amigos? How close is it to the town square and downtown piers?

Would love to, Betsy. Planning/hoping to move to the island within a year… Fingers crossed, I miss Cozumel daily.
If that happens, Greg can crash on my couch (I'll need a maid anyway :wink: )
If you could only be living there by the end of June. :wink:

Amigos is at 7 sur between 25 & 30. They have recently converted to a hostel arrangement... prices are very low... $12/bed. They also have 1 room you can rent privately. It's a bit of a walk, but very do-able.. plus it's nice to be back in the hood vs always in the tourist zone. They have a lovely pool and garden, kitchen facilities. WiFi and a rinse tank for divers.

Cozumel Hostel Lodging Accommodation Alternative Amigos!

Suites Vima, my home away from home:

Suite's Vima Cozumel Mexico

Don't forget the rooms above Aqua Safari....

http://aquasafari.com/safariinn.html

The bright pink El Caribe, also with a pool, is on 2 north between 10 & 15... I bet you have fun looking around...

Thanks for all the reccomendations. I decided I had to scale back my plans a bit. So the plans at the moment are to fly into Cozumel on Monday June 25. Then either that day or the next day head to the mainland to take a cavern diver course followed by the week long Scubaboard Invades Cozumel. If the cavern course falls through I'll be back looking at these recommendations.

Greg, if you plan on spending the first part of your trip on the mainland, you might want to fly into Cancun. Often cheaper, you can even try to fly into Cancun and leave from Cozumel and save some $$$.

Back
Top Bottom