Fiji vacation questions???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKeith001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
Was planning a honeymoon trip this Sept for Fiji and was wondering if anyone on here has been? I need some good suggestions on where to stay, food, dives, etc.

So far we have possible 7 days in Kadavu, Fiji first for the Manta Ray experience then the other 7 days in Suva, Fiji which is north of Kadavu. My future wife wants to swim with Manta Rays but it looks as if a $6k experience total trip is "NOT" worth it to me.....personally.

Are there other places around Suva that have Manta Rays? This trip seems suppppeeerrrr expensive if we start in kadavu and then have to fly to Suva for the rest of the time.

I have also considered other places to see Manta Ray (excluding Hawaii....boring). Anywhere else you might have some ideas???

HELP ME PLEASE!!!:idk:

We stayed 2 weeks at a very small, remote resort in Kadavu. LOVED IT. We were there the middle of October that year and the mantas were amazing - HUGE and lots of them! They put on quite the show for us on several dives. I love Fiji. We have also done the Aggressor in Fiji - the diving is different than what we did on land but it was still lovely. The colors of the coral are simply amazing. I believe the Agressor was the end of September/early October. The Fijians are very nice people!!!!!

Thank you Kennedy for your help. Do you remeber the name of the resort you stayed and how much you spent?

Hi
We have just booked a week with Mai Dive on Ono Island, Kadavu. They offer a snorkel with the Manta's I believe. The resort is very small and gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. It was also a lot cheaper than many other resorts in the area. Roll on May!

Thank you Kennedy for your help. Do you remeber the name of the resort you stayed and how much you spent?

Kaduvu Dive Resort I "think" was the name back then but it now goes by Matana Beach Resort. Our group rented out the resort - there were like 30 of us. : ) The trip is expensive - air is a killer. You have to plan on staying 2 weeks or longer if you can afford the price and time off from work. I would guess to say we easily spent with air 6k each on the trip - and probably near the same for the Aggressor (we spent a week in Sydney prior to going to the Aggressor) Fiji is a trip of a life time - I was lucky enough to do it twice and absolutely loved it both times. Pricey - YES - Priceless - YOU BET. :D

I've dove Kadavu and the Mantas are at Astrolabe Reef which is right in front of Matava which is an eco resort. I actually stayed at Matana which is a bit more expensive but it is on the other side of the island for the Mantas. Matana got us over to the other side by using a boat and then driving us over the where they launch the boat. Wasn't a problem. If you stay at Matava-- you'll already be right there in front of the reef and the resort is more for the budget minded traveler. I enjoyed Matana but heard good things about Matava. They both have websites-- check it out. Kadavu is ahhhhhhhmazing! Beautiful and the real Fiji. Let me know if you have any other questions. : )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom