bags and crates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive900

Registered
Reaction score
hi again guys sorry for all the noob questions. i tried to search the forums but did not come up with a recent entry (searched limited to PPD)

im wondering where to get solid plastic crates, i saw a seller in sulit but the price posted 2 years ago obviously isnt the price now...posted price was 350 but now theyre selling for 750 each crate kinda expensive. so im looking for a possible place to buy these from....ideally the crates would be solid so that no water can get out and the car wouldnt have to suffer hehehe.

another question is on waterproof bags (for when we need to travel to lets say palau) ideally these bags should be waterproof and not let water out or seep through otherwise it might be a big hassle sa airline carrier hehehe. i saw 1 bag at divers point its 5700 pero di sya malaki eh. meron pa bang ibang pwedeng bilhan na medyo affordable?

i saw an old thread about the 2300 pesos custom made bag and ive pmed the OP already but i think those arent water proof? also the price might be higher na since the thread is old

salamat po!

hi again guys sorry for all the noob questions. i tried to search the forums but did not come up with a recent entry (searched limited to PPD)

im wondering where to get solid plastic crates, i saw a seller in sulit but the price posted 2 years ago obviously isnt the price now...posted price was 350 but now theyre selling for 750 each crate kinda expensive. so im looking for a possible place to buy these from....ideally the crates would be solid so that no water can get out and the car wouldnt have to suffer hehehe.

another question is on waterproof bags (for when we need to travel to lets say palau) ideally these bags should be waterproof and not let water out or seep through otherwise it might be a big hassle sa airline carrier hehehe. i saw 1 bag at divers point its 5700 pero di sya malaki eh. meron pa bang ibang pwedeng bilhan na medyo affordable?

i saw an old thread about the 2300 pesos custom made bag and ive pmed the OP already but i think those arent water proof? also the price might be higher na since the thread is old

salamat po!

Some guys use a plastic barrel with with a threaded top. Depended on where you live they mostly sell them surplus near places that recycle plastic.

For dry bags I use Blood Red , if they don't have a dealer in your area, maybe they can ship it to you.

hi doncebu!

those bags look nice to bring onboard the boats but what if i want to transport 2 sets of bcds, fins, mask, wetsuit, regulators hehehehe etc etc (like booties swimsuits etc). im looking at getting a bag that my wife and i can use to travel and my back carrying everything for the 2 of us (hey love hurts hehehehe)

hi doncebu!

those bags look nice to bring onboard the boats but what if i want to transport 2 sets of bcds, fins, mask, wetsuit, regulators hehehehe etc etc (like booties swimsuits etc). im looking at getting a bag that my wife and i can use to travel and my back carrying everything for the 2 of us (hey love hurts hehehehe)

Did you click another other links on the site like: Back Packs ?

i looked at the backpacks but they seem to be still a tad bit small...ideally i can get 2 sets of gear inside the bag but if not 1 bag for each set is doable i think. gear would have to include bcd, fins, wetsuit, booties, gloves, mask...i saw some big bags over at divers point last saturday but unfortunately they're not waterproof so water is bound to seep through and soak the car carpet....

i did find a crate seller...selling a crate thats 20x14x10 in. not very big but i think thats doable since its a closed crate so water wont get through the holes.

A couple of my students have purchased the big bag from Aqua Mondo and were really happy with them. You know your gear is typically dry enough when packing that the gear bag does not need to be water proof. SCUBA World sells decent Dry Bags as does Aquamondo and all the other big shops.

thanks again!!

i saw a nice bag from divers point but a little pricey hehe....i think it was 5700 old price but theyre bringing it up to 6k. Time to visit nautilus and aquamundo....skip work or not skip work? hmmmmmm LOL.

A couple of my students have purchased the big bag from Aqua Mondo and were really happy with them. You know your gear is typically dry enough when packing that the gear bag does not need to be water proof. SCUBA World sells decent Dry Bags as does Aquamondo and all the other big shops.

Agree, just an hour of hanging your gear is enough to prevent it from dripping in the car, so no need for a waterproof bag.

When travelling by air, you can use your 24 hr no-fly time to dry your gear. It will also weigh less.

Back
Top Bottom