Seeking new diving experience in the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverJoy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I will be doing a quick getaway from south FL in March. For the past two years, we've gone to Nassau, stayed at the Sheraton and went diving with Stuart's Cove. Both trips were great---but now we are looking for something new and different. We only go for 3-4 nights, luxury is not important and we want to get in as many dives as we can. Any suggestions?

If you can extend your stay I would highly recommend Blackbeard's Cruises. Basic live aboard on a sailboat, but great people, diving, food, etc. Saturday departures out of Nassau, returning Thursday nights and safe to fly out Friday mornings.

I'd have a look at riding rock, San Salvador.
It's the best i've yet seen here abouts.
Failing that, if money is less of a concern. Stella Maris is rated VERY highly.
Also, if you like larger animals(Tigers/Lemons). Stuart Coves has opened up on Grand Bahama.
But then...If you like sharks...you wont go wanting round here.....
Andros has Small Hope Bay (VERY beautiful). (Also many others that i havent been to)
Rum Cay is tipped to have a new "adventure" resort. (Worth a google. i get... Rum Cay Skydive Adventure | Rum Cay Divers)
Please Dont restrict yourself to New Providence. Not if you've already done it. Every island has a story.
Bimini road.
Walkers cay bull sharks.
Oceanic white tips, Long island.
Hammers of San Sal.....the list goes on.
Google about!
Did you look at Turks Caicos?

Oh! And much Joy.....Err....Joy!

Last edited:
Just returned from a week at Riding Rosk in San Salvador. Have spent a week diving at Stuart's Cove 5 years ago. For me, San Sal has much more interesting topography and marine life. I'm going to post a trip report, but essentially, I would go back to Riding Rock in a heartbeat and, though I like Stuart's Cove, would not return. I am not a fan of organized shark feedings and in San Sal we had Reef sharks on every dive up close and personal and hammerheads on 30% of the dives. Not sure if riding Rock does less than a week, but Michelle, the owner, is fantastic.
Rob

Small Hope Bay in Andros is a great place.

Lost Island Voyages is another liveaboard in the Bahamas. Trips out of Nassau mostly but sometimes out of Grand Bahama or Bimini. 12 passengers in 6 cabins. Great price great food and AWESOME diving. Family owned and operated so you can call the office and chat with him about ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom