Roatan Vacation Plane Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't be surprised in the least to find that is true, it's Honduras not the United States. Imagine how many businesses skirt legal requirements everyday all over the world.

Your right in not being surprised, Word is that the business was not operating legally in Honduras for years, Forget your FAA chit chat , forget your "your not in the USA talk, if they were not operating completely withing the laws of the country they were doing business in then they should not be operating at all, it should not depend just on whether they think they will get caught, thats what criminals do isn't it?

Ever ask a dive boat captain for his license, or ask to count the life jackets?
Yes, Many times over the years if I felt the situation warranted it yet often the license is displayed and the lifejackets are gone over in the briefing. I wonder if these folks were told that the four of them were going up on a plane designed for two but not to worry, everything is perfectly safe. Do I worry about it when on a 20ft panga boat a couple hundred yards from shore? Not at all.

Ever ask a dive boat captain...to count the life jackets?
Are those required there now? Weren't...!!

Let's hope he doesn't hear about the submarine tour.

Can you say Home Built-Experimental and diving to depths of 2000 feet. I don't see a problem mon. I would go if I could come up with the money involved.

So how about the sister float plane the blue one? Is she flying? I would believe the Roatan FAA equivelent would have inspected and authorized it's flight statous. I was told the plane had to go through an inspection prior to it's flying.

I don't ask to see life jackets if I have my bc w/wo tank close by. Not stirring things up but just saying....

Reactions: Doc
Does anyone know whose dive boat went out to help these people?

The dive boat was the Utila Aggressor. Divemaster Saby was one of the first to assist. Successful resuscitative efforts for the child were carried out on the dive deck of the Aggressor.

I don't ask to see life jackets if I have my bc w/wo tank close by. Not stirring things up but just saying....

That and a Spare Air.

Hey- I heard a pallet of yellow duct tape came through Coxen Hole Customs last week- the plane should be flying by now.

KariGrantandToriwingwork.jpg

flew on the yellow plane in July. would do it again in a heartbeat. best experience ever

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom