Scuba plans for 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was really hoping to make the trip to Bikini this year, but I am ready to give that one up as "improbable" at this stage.
I already had!!
As for 2012, Philippines is the only place that I can afford as long as Cebu Pacific is still offering discount ticket.

Please report on The Carpe Vita Explorer, how was it... any details to share. I was planing on going in November.

Thanks,

Well, I'm heading off to the Maldives in about four weeks ... gonna be spending 10 days on the Carpe Vita Explorer, celebrating my 60th birthday. It'll be my first dives in the Indian Ocean.

2012 will be the year I finally make it down to dive the caves in Mexico ... I'm thinking perhaps in May.

In August I plan to head back up to Port Hardy, on the northern tip of Vancouver Island.

And late in the year ... October or November ... make a trip to Africa ... Mozambique, perhaps.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'll sum up my goal as "Don't let life get in the way of diving!"

Locally, I'm aiming to make it down to Monterey almost every month, let's say at least 10 times this year. I need to make more buddies for carpooling, and I want to try to make a weekend of it most times (especially to fit in some night dives, which are my favorite by far). I've only done shore diving in Monterey, so I'd also like to check out the boats.

I'm already rocking a general "dive more" theme, as I started the year with 28 excellent dives in Roatan. I'm diving in Oahu in less than a month, I'm trying to figure out an economical way to get myself to Okinawa when I go to Japan for work this summer, and I'm hoping some magic last minute plan will fall together for my spring break. (March 25-31, tell me if you've got an awesome deal!) Oh, and I really want to make it up to Washington to see a GPO. Big time.

Training-wise, I want to do my Stress and Rescue class (including first aid, CPR, and O2 admin) this year. I also want to become better than halfway decent at navigation and learn some assorted other skills -- shooting an SMB from depth, backwards kick, figure out if what I think is a decent helicopter turn really is one, etc. I want to get my 7mm suit buoyancy a lot closer to my tropical swimsuit diving buoyancy, which people claim is pretty good :) I want to start taking pictures! A cavern class might be on the horizon.

My plans are vague this year as last years plans got really screwed up due to ear infections etc., so this year I am taking proactive treatment post diving (vinegar / alcohol wash after every dive) and try not to overdo it with something like two local dive trips per month and some other possible dives whilst on business trips to Jeddah, and maybe Egypt and Jordan, then all going well meeting up with some other SBrs for a few dives at BHB.

There is also an opportunity of joining my daughter for a week in the Seychelles where she will be spending a month doing reef research during the month of June.

Local diving for me is basically a 10 or 30 min drive to a dive op on UAE's west coast or a 2 hour drive to the east coast where the diving is considerably better (1M viz v 5M viz).

For me it's the Aqua Cat during the week of the 4th of July and Little Cayman Beach Resort at the end of October. The Aqua Cat trip is full but would love to have any fellow SB members join us at the LCBR!

I will continue to dive locally with a bit more fun diving than training dives. Though having said that, hopefully we'll have a good weather Saturday soon so I can do my rescue scenarios and finish the course (passed the written exam on Saturday). Also, waiting for the weather to improve so I can finish my UW photography course. Considering a few more courses (search & recovery, night, cavern) but we'll see.
Can't wait to receive the UW housing for my camcorder so I can start doing some UW filming.

My wife is currently doing her OW course so soon we'll be extending our fun together to the UW world :D
We're also arranging a trip back to her home country Malaysia and do a good amount of fun diving at the Perhentians.

Well doing the Keys in May and Sun Dancer 2 in Belize next November. Plenty of local diving in my area. From River drifting to Lake diving. Hoping to do Brockville and Tobermory also sometime this year

Did the Thorfin in Truk Lagoon. Great diving and a fun crew. Price pretty good even though we had to come from NY .

Planning to qualify as a sidemount instructor at recreational and technical levels.

Might get round to submitting my Advanced Wreck course to PADI... still in discussions about whether that can be pitched at recreational level (to follow Wreck Diver) rather than just another Technical Wreck course (which is also drafted).

Going to do more video, less stills, on dives.

Planning a wreck photo blitz with w/a lens .

We plan a dive in West Palm Beach in April, Key Largo in June, lobster diving in Summerland Key in August, then Cruise ship diving in November in Belize and Roatan.

Back
Top Bottom