Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the horror of getting into a wet wetsuit (much worse than a dry one!) is a big part of the reason I simply dive dry everywhere nowadays . . .
Yes! The absolute horror of getting into a cold wetsuit after the first dive convinced me to love my drysuit - I could always handle dive #1 but #2......dry suits rule.
With a skin two side suit that's never an issue, the Rubatex does not wet, it dries instantly.

I think the horror of getting into a wet wetsuit (much worse than a dry one!) is a big part of the reason I simply dive dry everywhere nowadays . . .

Diving in the north west you need a drysuit. But admit it, if you're in an area where you don't need a drysuit, you're trading one set of problems for another.

...dry suit everywhere?.. Not sure if if you would be OK to dry dive at water temperature being +30C (86F) and air temperature of around 45C (113F)

Where was your buddy? :wink: Always dress with a buddy :D
Ber :lilbunny:
I once got seperated from my ex-wife at the mall... I followed the lost buddy procedure with no luck, eventually found her wedged into a J-jill store in near an AOOC (Almost out of Credit) situation. Lost almost an hour of my life...

getting stuck in a hood reminds me of when I started diving in 1980 and I bought a 1/4 in parkway farmer John and chicken vest. I was more tired of getting in and out of the wetsuit than I ever was from the actual dives. Eventually I had zippers added to to the jacket and farmer john. every dive became a life and death struggle...

Questions:

If I had died, would this have been considered a scuba accident?

No, but possible consideration for a Darwin Award. :)

Neoprene can be very dangerous.

Boulderjohn,

I have read the first post at least a dozen times in the last couple of years, I still laugh hysterically.

I went back and read it again just now. I realized I hadn't like it yet. I did so.

Humility is a wonderful trait. We should all have more of it.

Oh my gosh - reading the latest of these makes me laugh so much! Thank you! We live in the midwest and if we want to dive locally we are going to have to wear our 8/7 hooded semi-dry suits. Truthfully, I complain a lot about viz and the cold water of lakes and quarries, but I wonder how much of my avoidance is due to having to dance and squirm into my suit. When the "task loading" begins a week before you hit the water it tends to make for an interesting dive! "Should I use cream rinse or powder? Panty hose or trash bags?" LOLOL!!!
I always use a lycra skin under any wetsuit. For $25-$50 you can make life so much more pleasant. Plus, it gives you complete sun protection while on the surface, without having to stay in your wetsuit.
the wetsuit just glides on, dry or wet. Unless, of course, it's too small.
I even take the skin with me to try on a new wetsuit. I also use it for swimming laps in a sunny pool to avoid sunburn. I'm practically albino so I get sunburn from just thinking about being outside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom